Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
And both are likely to happen. First scenario can be stopped, second scenario, it might be too late to do anything. He doesn’t really recover mid game when he fukks up like that
Issue is Poch is a bottler and PSG are bottlers in Europe, it goes hand in hand.

Gonna be crazy as fukk next week.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
IMO, Only time “what you expected” excuse works is when the ball deflects
I agree. I just mean it's not an easy save at all because players go in the opposite way of the ball so goalie is stuck guessing.

Di Maria scored thay way like a month ago and from even further.

Plenty of goalies get trapped by this kind of crosses. If they have a good bend and aimed at the far post, it's a high chance of a goal and the bounce make the cross even more tricky.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
do u mean the mahrez goal ? because navas was at fault for the first one imo, the second he wasn't really like any normal keeper he's expecting the ball the be over the wall not underneath or in between the wall:lolbron:

Nah, DeBruyne. He was shocking on Mahrez too, I'm more upset about that one.

That's a perfect ball from DeBruyne, perfection. Right height, right pace, bounced at the right place. He could've done better looking at the replays but I still blame the defenders.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
First one is complicated tbh. A goalie expects the cross to be headed so he cant commit fully. And because nobody cuts it then he's late to stop it. Those kind of crosses are deadly and numerous goals have been scored like that.

Yea, those type of crosses are tough to defend. It’s in no man’s land concerning the keeper and the defender.

Navas assumed/gambled the defender would cut out the cross but gambled wrong there.

And the Europa League was once considered a very big competition to win,certainly was when it was the Uefa Cup

Yep, I remember the UEFA cup having more prestige than EL as well even though they’re kinda of one in the same competition. What caused the prestige of the cup drop?

Also, I wouldn’t mind seeing the UEFA CWC come back but that’ll never happen. I do think it’d be good as it gives more weight to domestic cup competitions.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As a United fan, I'm identifying myself more with City's style of play than the style of my team these days.

Really thinking of switching allegiances if City qualify for the final.

And if they win then that would mean my team would have won 3 champions league in my life time- 1999, 2008 and 2021

:banderas:

:mjtf:

Daps
Yep, I remember the UEFA cup having more prestige than EL as well even though they’re kinda of one in the same competition. What caused the prestige of the cup drop?

Also, I wouldn’t mind seeing the UEFA CWC come back but that’ll never happen. I do think it’d be good as it gives more weight to domestic cup competitions.

I have no idea why it dropped in prestige as it is basically the same competition and same trophy, just a different name,
When Liverpool won it in 2001, along with all the other trophies they won that year, that was the one Houllier was most proud of, as it was still regarding with high esteem around Europe.
I think everyone just loves the CL and hypes it up so much nowadays they disregard the Europa as a second rate tournament now

Yeah I wouldn't mind the Uefa CWC coming back aswell, the English teams used to well in that in the 90's with Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea all winning it but I agree they wont bring it back

They have got 3 European tournaments come next season with the new Europa Conference cup coming into play, which is sort of a new CWC as it's the winners of the League cup what goes into it

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
He will score bundles of goals, mainly against the lesser teams
But he is not a good footballer overall
His first touch and control is atrocious, and his reading of the game ain't much better either :hubie:

He has been amazing for Inter the last two seasons. Romelukaku + Lautaro is the best damn strike partnership since Adriano + Ibrahimovic, better even than Milito + Eto'o. The sale will certainly hurt Inter a lot

Staying in Italy, there is a very real possibility that one of Juventus and AC Milan will miss out on CL qualification :mjgrin: Lazio are 5 points off with a game in hand and whilst they are a disgusting scum club, at least they weren't a superleague club so I very much desire for one of the two, preferably Juventus, to miss out. Plus there is a match between them in the run in, whereas Lazio have an easy finish to the season. Somebody has got to drop points