Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the greatest things about football is just getting to kick back for 45 minutes at a time, without interruptions. I can't get myself to watch a live game with all the time-outs/ads. Gets me right out of the game.

Facts. One of the main reasons why I'll never even pretend I like American football.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
UEFA is a monopoly!"

"We didn't do anything wrong, we just presented a format to FIFA and UEFA!"
Stop the cap :mjlol:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Facts. One of the main reasons why I'll never even pretend I like American football.
I like the plays and the athletes are immense but it is absolutely dreadful in its pacing. Drags to an absolute crawl :hhh:
The anthems on every game when it's not even national team :hhh:
The constant ads :hhh:
Nah they can keep that :hhh:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]

He's not wrong on this.

The Champions League has become stale. Same teams, boring matches. I don't know if this helps but I do miss the old days.

My man, are you playing devil's advocate ? :lolbron: Because the SL will make this even worse.

And Perez is an hypocrite. Him and all the big clubs lobbied for that boredom so they could secure their place in the KO stages and their TV revenue : the pot system, the "can't have 2 teams from the same country in the same group" rule, the club pairing rule to prevent tems from the same country to play on same day. I cant believe Perez has me defending UEFA :russ:

A breh said it already but the real fix for the CL is simple IMO : KO stage only with a seeding system like in tennis. 7 rounds/13 games tops like we currently have.

Seed system would allow some safety for the bigs but there should be some cracking games by round of 32 or even 64 in some cases. :mjlit:

But we already know the bigs would not want that. Some of them would get knocked out by the likes of Ajax, Porto, Zenit or Galatasaray by round of 32 :mjgrin: