Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Realistically, how many clubs are winning the CL or Premier League? The NFL, NBA are more competitive than the Champions League.

I don't think it's going to be as one sided as that. If it's a close shop with 20 teams, top players are going to want to be in that group. The likes of Arsenal, Spurs will be competitive, they're going to be getting $300M a season without doing anything.

So you were the Americans most English I knew who didn't want becoming fans off the game.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Basically Americans have ruin their game. And now it's mostly you Americans who want this shiit
Stfu stop tryna scapegoat

clubs like inter and Milan have Chinese ownership

Tottenham ownership are English men

Perez is not American, foh yall jus mad the game changing and need sumone to blame

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
nikkas tryna blame capitalism and marketing on America like teams already don’t wear sponsors on their jerseys

Or UEFA and FIFA alike don’t have multiple sponsors including American brands like McDonalds

Y’all sum funny nikkas man

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Ok so i understand promotion and relegation but can someone tell me just how many teams total are in the system? According to wikipedia there are like 600 or more soccer clubs in England alone. Are these actual teams or is this some shyt like the local rock quarry has a team in level 10?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
New CL format was a way to appease those big clubs so they had more games to secure qualification for KO stages therefore less risk of fukkin up their money.

And it was the last of changes to secure entry for big clubs. At first CL was champions only. Then they added some runner ups. Then it was top 3 for some priviledged leagues. Then it was top 4 for the biggest leagues all the while giving crumbs and adding more qualifying rounds to lower leagues.

Truth is that it would never have been enough. UEFA are garbage so there's no supporting them but ESL bring the whole wealth hoarding to 100 levels.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
EzS6F3uVUAIMgOA

:mjlol::dead::whoa:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok so i understand promotion and relegation but can someone tell me just how many teams total are in the system? According to wikipedia there are like 600 or more soccer clubs in England alone. Are these actual teams or is this some shyt like the local rock quarry has a team in level 10?

Football_Leagues_1stProof.png

Step 7 and below
We may have covered the top 160 teams in the English Football League pyramid, but there are still plenty more teams in the pyramid.

The next step below the National League South and North are the Northern Premier Division, Southern Football League Central Division, Southern Football League South Division and Isthmian Premier Division.

Currently there are 22 teams in each of those leagues with the champions automatically promoted, while the next four teams in each division compete in the play-offs. Those four winners are then paired off geographically for a further match to determine which two teams are promoted teams. The bottom three teams from each division are relegated to an appropriate level eight division.

Step eight follows a similar principle with seven leagues, where again the champions are promoted automatically and the next four teams in each division compete in the playoffs, with the five best play-off winners by points per game being promoted. The bottom two teams are relegated to a level nine division.

English Football League Pyramid System - Grosvenor Blog

Daps
Realistically, how many clubs are winning the CL or Premier League? The NFL, NBA are more competitive than the Champions League.

I don't think it's going to be as one sided as that. If it's a close shop with 20 teams, top players are going to want to be in that group. The likes of Arsenal, Spurs will be competitive, they're going to be getting $300M a season without doing anything.
Yeah but are the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and you can include Liverpool and maybe Man U in that list going to spend the money to stay competitive
They don't like spending money, they like to generate the money so they can line their own pockets with it

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
First, its about pro teams which means amateur arent really in the pyramid (or rather below the pros). The number of pro teams vary from country to country and England probably have the most as they have 4 divisions of pro teams.

In France for example, there only 2 levels that are pros (40 teams) though the 3rd level is semi-pro. In Germany, Italy or Spain there are 3 pro levels. Below pros are amateurs.

So basically for the biggest Euro countries, you could count around 60 pro teams. Then 40 for mid sized countries and from 10 to 20 for the smallest countries.

There are 50+ countries in UEFA so I'm thinking there are probably around 1000 clubs in the pyramid.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

I got the setup, what im asking is who are in those really low levels. Are those like minor league teams and those players just play there until a higher level team buys them or are those teams like Paddys Pub Soccer Club and its just a bunch of neighborhood guys on a squad. For example would National League North be equivalent to AA baseball in the minor leagues here in the states.