Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
I think this is good for soccer

All these teams dominate their leagues

80% of fans only watch soccer because of the big clubs

this would create some actual parity in the leagues

No this is not a good thing for football, this is the worst thing that could happen to football imo

This is an even worst idea than having the world cup In Qatar which was solely done for money and greed

It is completly unfair on all the smaller teams who all dream of one day winning the league or getting into the top 4 and then competing in the champs League.

If this happened when Leicester won the league, their reward for it would have been a well done but we are you giving your spot in the European top elite competition for next season to Man U and Liverpool who finished 5 and 8 in that year,

I've just heard Maureen has been sacked aswell :russ:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Football is finished. ‘Project Restart’ was a warning shot and this is the kill. With the ESL, teams will have no incentive to be competitive in their domestic leagues because the money in ESL will be more lucrative. As a result, the knock-on effect on the CL, Europa and the new third tier European tournament will mean you’re going to have teams in the bottom half of their domestic leagues playing in these tournaments.

It’s also a complete ‘fukk You’ to the fans. If it’s going to run for the whole duration of the season, we’re gonna be expected to spend money to fly all over Europe every other week for away games (off the back of a pandemic). It’s gonna get to the point where the airline and hospitality industries hike up prices so the cost is going to be even higher than it already is.

No surprise that all the American owners were the driving force behind this.
And some American posters in the other thread want this like the nfl because that's what they used to :picard:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
The Finished One is done

giphy.gif

#RIPBOZO

EDIT: Damn, hearing Jose took a fall to save the game :francis:

Respect, if true
images

Last edited: