Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I still really can't believe they did this.
This is like the sporting version of the Cuban Missile Crisis, huh? :dead:
its hilarious cause Europe doesn't have any other sports :russ: :mindblown: :mjlol:

At least the USA has basketball, football, baseball, and MLS is growing rapidly ...and we have decent x-game followership etc. even Nascar and hockey... throw in golf and tennis...

Europe has Soccer and MAYBE F1 :dead:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
NFL teams have the same exact teams every year, and revenue/viewership is through the roof.

1. That's America. We have no traditions and generational loyalty to clubs.

2. it's 32 teams and they all spend the same exact amount of money on players.

3. The players get completely fucced because the union is trash.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Looks like all the players who play in the league will be banned from the World Cup

USA vs Mexico Final :lolbron:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
1. That's America. We have no traditions and generational loyalty to clubs.

2. it's 32 teams and they all spend the same exact amount of money on players.

3. The players get completely fucced because the union is trash.

1. What do the teams forming their own tournament have to do with generational loyalty to clubs? They intend to still participate in their domestic competitons. Do you also realize the Champions League itself is a recent format of the previous European Cup?

2. Again, what does the number of teams or equitability have to do with anything? It is likely that revenue will be proportionally shared among these participating clubs anyway.

3. Then that is the fault of the NFLPA

None of those reasons you have stated have explained why you think people will get bored of the proposed tournament? People only watch the CL for the SAME EXACT teams that proposing to leave. The CL will flame out.

The idea behind it is watching the best teams in the world play each other over the course of an an entire season, meaning you get to exponentially increase viewership and revenue generating potential. Plus the new body will control the revenue, and commercial rights.

Now, I'm a traditionalist and love the present format, just offering an opinion as to why it makes sense for the clubs split.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I personally don’t think a salary cap could work. You do that and players will leave/not sign their contracts

i wonder what the legal ramifications currently are contract wise

Any super league player should surely be entitled to more money if they are going to be playing both super league and domestic matches

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think this is good for soccer

All these teams dominate their leagues

80% of fans only watch soccer because of the big clubs

this would create some actual parity in the leagues

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Can we all agree Wenger is the goat and is football's Ms. Cleo?

I personally don’t think a salary cap could work. You do that and players will leave/not sign their contracts

i wonder what the legal ramifications currently are contract wise

Any super league player should surely be entitled to more money if they are going to be playing both super league and domestic matches

Where are they going to go?

European labor laws are different but it's inevitable. The agents will get their cut too. It might invite collusion but I think we might see the end of Messi style contracts.

The more I think about it, the English clubs will bend the PL over once more.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Can we all agree Wenger is the goat and is football's Ms. Cleo?

Where are they going to go?

European labor laws are different but it's inevitable. The agents will get their cut too.

The more I think about it, the English clubs will bend the PL over once more.
Then again youre right cause the smaller clubs wouldnt have the money to pay them either

Hmphhhhhh

big conundrum

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
1. What do the teams forming their own tournament have to do with generational loyalty to clubs? They intend to still participate in their domestic competitons. Do you also realize the Champions League itself is a recent format of the previous European Cup?

2. Again, what does the number of teams or equitability have to do with anything? It is likely that revenue will be proportionally shared among these participating clubs anyway.

3. Then that is the fault of the NFLPA

None of those reasons you have stated have explained why you think people will get bored of the proposed tournament? People only watch the CL for the SAME EXACT teams that proposing to leave. The CL will flame out.

The idea behind it is watching the best teams in the world play each other over the course of an an entire season, meaning you get to exponentially increase viewership and revenue generating potential. Plus the new body will control the revenue, and commercial rights.

Now, I'm a traditionalist and love the present format, just offering an opinion as to why it makes sense for the clubs split.

its the little things, like a north london derby in the same week arsenal playing real madrid and tottenham playing like juventus. Which one is going to mean more :to: