Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Nah man, nah. This can't be fukking real man
:mjcry:

tenor.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
1 World Cup match will be worth 4 Super League matches. The 2018 World Cup raised $5bn in revenue from just 64 matches; the 2018 Champions League had 125 matches and raised a paltry $2.73bn.

This will stay true even if there is 0 star power in the World Cup, because only football fans watch club football whereas humans in general watch the World Cup. My father is a great example. Ask him to name a footballer, he'll say Maradona. Ask him to name another footballer, he can't. Ask him to name teams that play football, he'll say Argentina, Brazil, Germany and Italy. Ask him to name a European club, he can't answer that question.

That's what you're up against. The billions of people like my father whose cash advertisers want, for whom football is something that doesn't exist except for a couple of weeks every four years. For whom European club football is about as relevant as Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem or Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus.

Take World Cup participation away from the rebels and pure economics dictates that it will collapse overnight. Where do you think Cronaldo makes his real money, all those stupid Castrol ads or his weekly wages from the thieves? He wouldn't be on any Castrol ads if he couldn't be at the World Cup. It'd be Salomon Kalou or whoever else gets to play at the World Cup who appears in its advertising :mjlol:

Without the opportunity to play at the World Cup, rebel footballers will have the same global reach as professional League of Legends or Fortnite players. Your target market will be reduced to nerds with little disposable income borne from having enough free time to spend 38 weeks a year watching sport on TV, instead of going to a job or better yet spending money on the products being advertised.

:dead:
Man, you went way too far with the bold part. :laff:

I sound dramatic but this is making me feel sick.

Imagine signing up to join a tournament that is chaired by A SITTING PRESIDENT of Real fukking Madrid :gucci:

We already question their favourable treatment in Europe and now you wanna tell me that they will OFFICIALLY be running this bytch? Competition integrity already in the mud and a ball hasn't been kicked :gucci:

Watch Real Madrid win like 7 of the first 10 titles

Rename it the Real Madrid Invitational and watch most of the hatred disappear. :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
It’s eventually gonna include MLS teams, if this really takes off.
I think this is a trash idea.
But here me out.
If you make it more American. Salary caps, trading system.
We could see MLS become competitive. Top players like Mbappe, Haaland, sancho at Inter Miami or NY Red Bulls. History doesn't matter anymore with the super league. Real's 13 CL's mean shyt if this takes off.

Imagine Amazon get the rights here. You could watch Super League with Amazon Prime.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
hxdCpt2.gif

Everyone will be watching it, humans are fickle :francis:

But it'll just a necessity than actually supporting these clubs.
My Super Eagles always have and always will come 1st so I'm calm and I'm not :flabbynsick: like some of these the game has lost it soul brehs so the Sky Sports era of football is all I've ever known so I really don't see the big deal :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Another thing we have to think about. If this happens. What's stopping a Boca, River, Club America, Sao Paulo, Flamengo from wanting to join up, with the support base and History they come with

This door needs to be closed
I don't see that happening if I am being honest. I can see Japanese, Chinese, American and Korean clubs eventually joining. That is it. There isn't much money in the global south.