Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
They are having the World Cup in December next year. Stop crying. :camby:

Yeah but that is a one off situation and they are doing it for the health and safety of the players now. There was talk at the beginning of deciding what to do of taking it away from Qatar

I'm sorry but the world cup should have never been given to a country like Qatar (because of the heat at that time of year) and would never have been given if it wasnt for the corruption of Fifa

Most of them old corrupt men have now been booted so hopefully things like that won't happen again

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

The GOAT doing GOAT things :wow:

I dont know why it has taken this long but it really does need some big big hitters to do this. While Henry is big you need LeBron, Messi C dot and few other A list Celebrities from other fields. But I guess some are more worried about their brands.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I dont know why it has taken this long but it really does need some big big hitters to do this. While Henry is big you need LeBron, Messi C dot and few other A list Celebrities from other fields. But I guess some are more worried about their brands.

The money those superstars would miss out on if they shut down their accounts, especially IG, would be crazy so I understand why some of them would rather just raise awareness and speak out instead of deleting their socials altogether. CR7 makes almost $900k per IG post :whoo:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The money those superstars would miss out on if they shut down their accounts, especially IG, would be crazy so I understand why some of them would rather just raise awareness and speak out instead of deleting their socials altogether. CR7 makes almost $900k per IG post :whoo:

But at this stage of C dot's career. $900k to him is like me finding a pound down the back of the sofa. :manny:

Unless you get some activist hackers (or have a unlimited supply of Russian Indian and Chinese hackers on deck to keep the foot on their necks) to phuck up these social media companies. A group of Famous people taking a stand on something gets the needle moving more.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
But at this stage of C dot's career. $900k to him is like me finding a pound down the back of the sofa. :manny:

Unless you get some activist hackers (or have a unlimited supply of Russian Indian and Chinese hackers on deck to keep the foot on their necks) to phuck up these social media companies. A group of Famous people taking a stand on something gets the needle moving more.

Completely agree but the pessimist in me can’t see enough of these athletes banding together and disabling their accounts to incite change. Facebook pretty much shrugged when footballers complained about racist trolls so you would need to see a mass exodus for them to even give it a second thought.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Completely agree but the pessimist in me can’t see enough of these athletes banding together and disabling their accounts to incite change. Facebook pretty much shrugged when footballers complained about racist trolls so you would need to see a mass exodus for them to even give it a second thought.

True then again we shouldnt be surprised with FB considering how they treated anyone who had anything to do with it from the start,

• Dap
Reactions: EA

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Bamford reveals Barcelona star Dembele is a massive Leeds fan & watches every game | Goal.com

After the Fulham game he [Meslier] was like: 'I need your shirt please'. I said: 'Yeah, it's fine. Who for?' He said: 'Ah, Dembele'. I said: 'Wait, who?' He said: 'The guy from Barcelona'.

"I was like: 'What, he wants my shirt?' and he was like ‘yeah, he wants yours and Kalvin [Phillips]’s shirts because he’s a massive fan of Leeds and watches every game’.

“I was like ‘you serious?’ And I said: 'Okay, but you’ve got to get me his shirt then in return'. So, he FaceTimed me at midnight the other day and showed me this Barcelona shirt that says: 'To my bro Bamford, from Dembele'."

:dahell::dwillhuh:so random

Remember when Meunier asked for steaming links to Portsmouth play off game lmao

Daps
Bamford reveals Barcelona star Dembele is a massive Leeds fan & watches every game | Goal.com

After the Fulham game he [Meslier] was like: 'I need your shirt please'. I said: 'Yeah, it's fine. Who for?' He said: 'Ah, Dembele'. I said: 'Wait, who?' He said: 'The guy from Barcelona'.

"I was like: 'What, he wants my shirt?' and he was like ‘yeah, he wants yours and Kalvin [Phillips]’s shirts because he’s a massive fan of Leeds and watches every game’.

“I was like ‘you serious?’ And I said: 'Okay, but you’ve got to get me his shirt then in return'. So, he FaceTimed me at midnight the other day and showed me this Barcelona shirt that says: 'To my bro Bamford, from Dembele'."

Leeds are a big club even though they have been out of the Prem League for 17 odd years

Having Bielsa there as well will make a lot of people not from England keeping a close eye on them

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Dembele got FPL, he knows :whoo:

New Benzema visuals :blessed:

I firmly believe Florentino never got rid of Big Body Benz because he embodies all the qualities of a star boy.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

If all of the big players moved to another platform with better abuse policies it would make a difference.

Politicians, actors, sports stars, businesses etc etc etc.

Trump plans to take his audience to a platform more in line with his thinking so if he can the massed ranks of the rich, famous and powerful can.

Twitter Alternatives Guide: How (and Why) to Avoid Twitter

Look at how people have been switching to signal messenger.

Problem is that too many people do not have the courage of their convictions . They fail to follow through.