Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
When we say defensive midfielder do we automatically disqualify complete midfielders like Vieira and Rijkaard and just talk about Edgar Davids/Gattuso types? :ld:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

Preferences breh. I just hate it when people act like Busquets go lucky. If he had started somewhere else, he’d have been picked by Barca after a year or two :yeshrug:

Watch how Rodri panics when being pressed and tries to pass immediately, and tell me Pep won’t prefer a player like Busquets for his brand of football

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Best DM ever has to be Makelele. He literally redefined the position in the 2000s and unlike Kante, his effectiveness didn’t decline as he lost his athleticism because of his elite positioning and reading of the game. Busquets is up there but he benefitted from playing in a team that literally dominated possession and collectively pressed so he didn’t have to be an amazing ball winner.

When we say defensive midfielder do we automatically disqualify complete midfielders like Vieira and Rijkaard and just talk about Edgar Davids/Gattuso types? :ld:

Calling players like Viera and Rijkaard DMs sells them short because of their prowess going forward. They were the blueprint for players like Yaya and Pogba.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
images

idk about GOAT. But he’s the best I’ve watched

Biscuits and Suarez fanboy and you call yourself a Milan fan. :scust:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He was a fraud, breh. :yeshrug:

If he had hair and normal eyes nobody would have cared.

I'm gonna make a YouTube series exposing all these Serie Ass legends one by one.

He doesn't look "normal"? :mjtf:

Anyway he was the best. Never made a mistake, always had the players under control.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Tbh y'all and the rest of the footballing world doing Kante a disservice calling him a DM he is more than that.

When I think of DM I think of players like Xabi Mascherano Deschamps Mauro Silva Marcos Senna Gilberto Silva Makelele etc etc

Kante game is that of a b2b player. Just like it was for Davids, Gattuso Inces of the world before him.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Ex-England defender Terry Fenwick is accused of 'headbutting a press officer after the Trinidad and Tobago manager was involved in a furious row in front of journalists' before country's FA insist incident was 'blown out of proportion'
  • Ex-England defender Terry Fenwick reportedly headbutted a press officer
  • Fenwick and the press officer were said to be involved in a bust up at the time
  • It's claimed three people witnessed the former QPR man headbutt the employee
  • The Trinidad and Tobago manager has two World Cup qualifiers this month
  • The Trinidad FA released a statement, insisted 'apologies were exchanged' after
Former England international Terry Fenwick allegedly headbutted a press officer on Wednesday morning after the Trinidad and Tobago manager was involved in a furious argument.

Fenwick, who represented the Three Lions at the 1986 World Cup and won 20 caps for his country, has been in charge of the Caribbean nation since January 1, 2020.

But his relationship with those working alongside him already appears to be strained after local reports emerged of an incident that ended with him allegedly lashing out at an employee in Couva.

-

Fenwick :mjpls: :huhldup::picard:

Daps
I would say yes as Vieria was a box to box midfielder as Tenet has already said who had Gilberto Silva alot of his time as the DM

Rijkaard spent alot of his time as a CB, didnt really get put DM until he was at AC Milan i think, and played CB Internationally

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
I would say yes as Vieria was a box to box midfielder as Tenet has already said who had Gilberto Silva alot of his time as the DM

Rijkaard spent alot of his time as a CB, didnt really get put DM until he was at AC Milan i think, and played CB Internationally
While other era :wow:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Yup. Euro 88 he was at CB. As he was when he and Voller got into their spitting contest in Italia 90.

Iirc in his first season at Milan he played like a third of the season as Baresi's CB partner.

LVG had him playing as the hybrid CB/DM in that Ajax team. Kinda like how Cruyff had Pep doing in the Dream Team era.