Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Kante is something else. His football IQ is underrated, reads the game brilliantly and athletically is a beast. And plays with a smile. The GOAT DM in my eyes,

images

idk about GOAT. But he’s the best I’ve watched

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
images

idk about GOAT. But he’s the best I’ve watched
:russ::mjlol:

The role of a defensive midfielder includes defending. Busquets is a failed attacking midfield who plays “DM” in heavily possession oriented teams surrounded by some of the best players of all time. Busquets doesn’t have a defensive bone in him and rarely has to do any defending. Pato’s goal against Barcelona shows how actually useless Busquets is when it comes to defending. Anyone can get past him one on one. Kante’s performance for Leicester and Chelsea helping them win EPL titles is more impressive than anything Busquets ever did. Busquets is a heavy system player, while Kante isn’t. I forget sometimes that Kante won player of the year in the EPL, and could have arguably won it twice.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Outside of Leicester. All the English teams are doing well on Europe....We can't lose tommrow or well be the laughing stock of England. :martin: Hell, this week is very important. If we lose tommrow and at Leicester in the FA Cup, there's gonna be more members of the Ole Out club on Sunday.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Man City - Monchengladbach (City will be boring, but will get the job done)
Bayern - Lazio (Good luck, Lazio)
Atletico - Chelsea (This ones probably the closest to call, but Chelsea should see off Atletico)
Liverpool - Leipzig (Liverpool look shaky af right now, but they should beat Leipzig...)
Juventus - Porto ( See Bayern/Lazio)
Paris - Barcelona (This aint the same Barca as 3/4/5 years ago. It's a dub)
Dortmund - Sevilla (Dortmund on their day can be a problem for anyone. I expect them to overpower Sevilla)
Real Madrid - Atalanta (See Liverpool/Leipzig)

7 out of 8. Not too shabby. :ehh:

Some of you guy's predictions, though :huhldup: