Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
How is Ole perceived by the fanbase at the moment ? Man seemed super polarizing in the start of the season where you guys were struggling but I feel it was kind of unfair to him. He might not be an elite coach but he's proven that he was at least a good one IMO
Depends what you mean by ‘fanbase’ really.

Internet/twitter fans mostly hate him. But there’s a huge section(which i’d count myself in) that can actually step back and see the good he’s done overall, be it mentality on and off the pitch, squad building, brand of football etc etc

There’s definitely a consensus among just about every fan that he’s not the man long term though.

I don’t think anyone, even if they like him, thinks he’s going to win us leagues and cl’s. If they do they’re probably just as bad as those who blindly hate him.

I’d say most fans regardless of position can agree this is the most enjoyment they’ve had out of watching a United team since Fergie retired.(if they can’t then they’re weird)

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Which club did CR7 uplift? :patrice:
not to say he HAS done it, but to try and take Juve to the UCL
don’t mention Juventus or Madrid breh.
The only person doing that shyt now is Zlatan at Milan
yall are right. i didnt say he succeeded in doing it ...but he is trying to with juve (albeit failing atm)

generally CR7 is somebody who looks for challenges / to accomplish new feats. mans like messi get comfortable and cushy

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
not to say he HAS done it, but to try and take Juve to the UCL
Juve won Serie A for the last eight years and have made two CL finals in that period and are historically the biggest club in Italy by a distance. He ain't uplifting shyt.

He didn't goto Roma or Napoli. :heh:
generally CR7 is somebody who looks for challenges / to accomplish new feats. mans like messi get comfortable and cushy
I feel like this is a narrative you created.

He would not have left Madrid if they took care of the tax issues.

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Liga was never the best league lol
He needs to go to epl and call it a day if he a real bodmon. Or he can wait a few more years

if he wants to win and score a ton, then sure go to Munich but meh
That's not true. La Liga was the best league from 08-16 give or take . RM and Barca siphoning revenue out of it fcked it up some tho. And the execs that run it are trash as af.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Juve won Serie A for the last eight years and have made two CL finals in that period and are historically the biggest club in Italy by a distance. He ain't uplifting shyt.

He didn't goto Roma or Napoli. :heh:

I feel like this is a narrative you created.

He would not have left Madrid if they took care of the tax issues.
but they havent won the UCL
if he brought them the UCL he'd be GOAT

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's not true. La Liga was the best league from 08-16 give or take . RM and Barca siphoning revenue out of it fcked it up some tho. And the execs that run it are trash as af.
they might have dominated champions league but the league too top heavy imo.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Nobody posted that pic yet ? :pachaha:

ky8lk325rwh61.jpg

BEEP BEEP

Hips Don't Lie :skip:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I still think it's Madrid. If United had their shyt together, they might be a sleeper. Chelsea is another. City is the best spot for him.

Wish Arsenal would go after Camavinga but the manager :mjpls: and Arsenal's rep in France aint been too hot.

How does he keep getting decent jobs. Not mad though :myman: #blackness

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I still think it's Madrid. If United had their shyt together, they might be a sleeper. Chelsea is another. City is the best spot for him.

Wish Arsenal would go after Camavinga but the manager :mjpls: and Arsenal's rep in France aint been too hot.

When he does this to Jack Wilshere.:skip:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So, the manager who brought in 3 Black players in first transfer window doesnt want Camvinga, cause he's Black.:usure:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
pique n griezmann
"F---ing hell, Grizi," Pique shot back. "No. M-----------. We're suffering. We've been [pinned] back for five minutes. F---ing hell, we're running like crazy."

Griezmann replied: "Don't shout at me, m-----------! I am suffering as well and I am running like crazy."
Things are getttin a bit....Messi :lolbron:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
No Cavani or VDB tomorrow and Pogba out until March.

With our fixture list coming up it might be about to get ugly.:mjcry:
:whoo:442
they might have dominated champions league but the league too top heavy imo.
Top heavy doesnt necessarily means poor quality. They were also running Europa. But the smaller teams used to effectively attack Barca and RM, score and sometime win. That indicates quality.

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
How is Ole perceived by the fanbase at the moment ? Man seemed super polarizing in the start of the season where you guys were struggling but I feel it was kind of unfair to him. He might not be an elite coach but he's proven that he was at least a good one IMO

Fanbase is all over the place.

For me, He's mostly done well but its obvious its only so far he can take the team and I think he's reached that ceiling. Just outside a title challenging team which is obviously not enough. He's done a lot of good things though and as much as it would be the sweetest thing in the world to win a league title with him as the Manager, that's beyond a dream. The issue is he's not really done enough to be sacked but also isnt doing enough to deserve more time new contract etc. So the club is kind of in limbo with him.