Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
As long as the team wins, he won't be compared to past greats. Unlike CR7, Mbappe won't have to contend with peak Messi and Barca's golden generation either

Looking back at it. Ronaldo was a madman. Dude left a winning Man U to Join Madrid who were mediocre at best and Barca were just starting their reign
If I'm not mistaken I think he did it for his dad who was a huge real madrid fan before he died.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Mbappe remembered.

It depends when this was said? I researched the quotes and the best I could see that this was said on the eve of the World Cup Final? If so he was spot on about Mbappe at that moment. His game definitely wasn’t complete and played as he was a teenager but those quotes definitely don’t apply to him now. Mbappe development is following the progress of Ronaldo, from speedy tricky athletic winger to a proper goal scorer and match winner.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
It depends when this was said? I researched the quotes and the best I could see that this was said on the eve of the World Cup Final? If so he was spot on about Mbappe at that moment. His game definitely wasn’t complete and played as he was a teenager but those quotes definitely don’t apply to him now. Mbappe development is following the progress of Ronaldo, from speedy tricky athletic winger to a proper goal scorer and match winner.
No he wasn’t.:mjlol: .Dude said : “more physical then talented” . You could see the talent even when he was at Monaco. Only physical attribute dude has/had is the speed. I mean Xavi could have gotten away wit saying that, but he mentioned Pogba too:mjpls:. Pogba been showing skills on ball and talent for passing since youth football. shyt people criticize him bc he's not physical enough lol.

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
As long as the team wins, he won't be compared to past greats. Unlike CR7, Mbappe won't have to contend with peak Messi and Barca's golden generation either

You're only as good as your competition. Messi V Ronaldo (as well as all the other good players) raised their status and the status of La Liga

He's winning now but still has an asterisk next to those wins

I think Mbappe knows this and doesn't like the label of playing in a farmer's league

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Madrid can only rely on the "prestige" thing so much imo. Kylian is different, I don't think he is blinded by that.

Madrid is garbage right now. Kylian isn't the type of guy to do the whole "Start of a project" thing twice. He clearly wants to win now.
Madrid also can't give him the salary he wants. Perez is notoriously hard headed about that. Mbappe is already a World Cup winner and very accomplished, if Perez thinks he can downplay Mbappe's salary because of his age he's going to get BTFO'd.

Mbappe has options. He's 22.

Go to Bayern or Prem, then go to Madrid at 25 or 27.

Or don't go to La Liga at all. It's not the best league anymore. I want to see young breh stat pad and break records. He goes to La Liga he will always be compared to Messi and Ronaldo during a time when they had absolutely epic teams, he will never surpass them there. He'll be R9 or Henry level at best.

Become the Messi/Ronaldo of the Prem though? More enticing.
Liga was never the best league lol
He needs to go to epl and call it a day if he a real bodmon. Or he can wait a few more years

if he wants to win and score a ton, then sure go to Munich but meh

Last edited: