Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
How is Ole perceived by the fanbase at the moment ? Man seemed super polarizing in the start of the season where you guys were struggling but I feel it was kind of unfair to him. He might not be an elite coach but he's proven that he was at least a good one IMO

Hot and cold, there are some still backing him, some that want him gone and some that are somewhere in the middle...It's been like this since around the end of the 2018-2019 season.

He's done a good job so far in terms of stability and he has probably the most fun tenure of all the other managers (aside from the FA Cup 2016 with LVG, Europa and League cup double with Jose)
But in fairness he is literally a interim level coach in my opinion, he's been at this for over 10 years and he's managed this football club for 2 and a half years and we're yet to see a consistent style of play, as we seem to scrape by with individual brilliance, which isn't sustainable. Seems like we're turning into Tottenham, bottling games where it really matters.

We were never in a title race cause that would've required us to consistently win games and make sure Man City slip up, which look unlikley, most of us agreed we'd be on the bus till the wheel broke off and as soon as we were talked about being in one we bottle it (Sheffield United, Arsenal, Everton and West Brom) and that Champions League capitulation, less said the better...:snoop:

If he can get in the top 3 and get a trophy, I'll say he surpassed Jose as our best manager since Fergie but till then....:francis:

Fanbase is all over the place.

For me, He's mostly done well but its obvious its only so far he can take the team and I think he's reached that ceiling. Just outside a title challenging team which is obviously not enough. He's done a lot of good things though and as much as it would be the sweetest thing in the world to win a league title with him as the Manager, that's beyond a dream. The issue is he's not really done enough to be sacked but also isnt doing enough to deserve more time new contract etc. So the club is kind of in limbo with him.

:hubie:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
So, the manager who brought in 3 Black players in first transfer window doesnt want Camvinga, cause he's Black.:usure:

He has rules for his guys (Luiz, Xhaka, Bellerin, Ceballos, would even include Willian but there's more going on there) and a whole set of different rules for Willock, Partey, Ainsley, and Pepe. Even poor Saka he's working like a mule.

You the jakes :mjpls:

What’s it matter to you friend :mjpls:

:sas1::sas2:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has rules for his guys (Luiz, Xhaka, Bellerin, Ceballos, would even include Willian but there's more going on there) and a whole set of different rules for Willock, Partey, Ainsley, and Pepe. Even poor Saka he's working like a mule.

:sas1::sas2:

You're starting to get goofy with this mow

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still think it's Madrid. If United had their shyt together, they might be a sleeper. Chelsea is another. City is the best spot for him.

Wish Arsenal would go after Camavinga but the manager :mjpls: and Arsenal's rep in France aint been too hot.

How does he keep getting decent jobs. Not mad though :myman: #blackness

:russ: Montreal is already in a meltdown over their name change. Good time for him to bolt.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Henry is us as managers.

Gonna be interesting.

It just isn't supposed to happen for world class players to be world class managers. I don't see it. Look at that vid. He can't seem to understand why the player can't pass that one time. :mjlol: his technique is probably still better than everyone on that pitch.