Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I thought Pep left Barcelona because of issues with the board/Sandro Rowell? :mjlol:. Nikkas changing history to fit their argument. That Barca team had a prime Messi, there were no writing on no fcking wall. Yea Xavi and iniesta were old but it’s prime Messi lol

Maybe but from what I read. Pep left because being a Catalan managing Barca was aging him quickly Rijkaard lasted longer and he didn't win for 3 or 4 of then seasons. He had hair when he started and didn't by the time he left. Remember he took a year off after leaving Barca. Never did that after Bayern.

With Bayern he left because he fell out with the board. Partly due to him wanting the blood doctor and medical staff gone. And he probably realised that Bundesliga is no competition.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
West Brom had more clear cut chances than us.

We needed Pogba to help beat Fulham and Sheffield beat us at home...Man City slap these teams with ease.:beli:

Ole needs that LVG treatment, sack him at the end of the season.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
You're talking about the physical and totally ignoring the mental aspect.

It a dumb argument even tho an ex Liverpool player backs up my point about lack of rotation. And I give you the receipt. I said I predicted this before Liverpool won. I bring receipt and it isn't good enough.

The fact that i used Poch and Spurs as an example of what happens with high intensity teams going to shyt if you don't rotate. And they didn't win shyt.

Yes or No. My whole point has been about Liverpool's lack of rotation? I don't want to hear about none of that deflection nonsense. Have I or not backed my points up.

Simeone ran his team into the ground. And look what happened when he has rebuilt the squad over the past 2 seasons they are moving upwards now and he's rotating. But I guess that isn't fitting your narrative.

P.S. Ancelotti has never dipped he's always been sacked.

P.P.S If you ain't going to respond back regarding my actual point about the rotation then I rather you not reply back to me at all tbh.

Ohh boy just because liverpool ex players say it dont make it true.....if all things were equal aka gomez,van dijk and everybody else were playing where they should be and they were playing like this u might have a point.

The fact that first half of the season pool have played with a make shift back line ,thiago been out that alobe should tell u everything.
Fab has played great as a cb but sadly he's hurt and at the end of the day that his not his roll.

Again had perfomances with everybody healthy dipped like this u would have a point..van dijk was not hurt because of lack of rotation,gomez was hurt in training while playing for england, nor jota, who was hurt in meningless game nor matip..:mjlol: none of these are fatigue based injuries.

the only players that have a legit argument are salah trent and robbo and mane. And even they have not played badly at all,bobby is the one who has fell off something serious. Trent is the only who has been up and down this season.

This argument would only make sense if EVERYBODY was healthy and playing where they should. Once ur three cbs fell and midfielders started playing at cb it all fell apart. Just stop it

Comparing how spurs fell off and how we fell off os disingenous, if u wanna disregard major injuries 3 of our start

Spurs fell off,because they ran out of gas, and their players aint that good, getting to cup final vs winning the league are completlely two different things, we did both

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Feel sorry for whoever has to partner with Maguire on defense. He's such a nightmare.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Another thing if u remove 3 top cbs from the team, u put quality midfielders at the back.the midfield drops in quality and so does the backline. Literally two important areas drop in quality and effectiveness and nikkas wanna argue that fatigue is the main culprit. Mann am out this thread that line of thinking dont follow when the circumstances are abnormal:gucci::unimpressed: am out peace

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Another thing if u remove 3 top cbs from the team, u put quality midfielders at the back.the midfield drops in quality and so does the backline. Literally two important areas drop in quality and effectiveness and nikkas wanna argue that fatigue is the main culprit. Mann am out this thread that line of thinking dont follow when the circumstances are abnormal:gucci::unimpressed: am out peace

My only take on this is the injuries were unfortunate but not entirely unforseen imo. Gomez and Matip have bad injury history so you came into the season knowing that when you gambled on not replacing Lovren. Meaning anything happen to VVD and you were in trouble.