Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
You still in your feelings about your Guinean cousin Naby.

You keep on going on about your injuries THIS season. I'm not even debating or talking about that. The lack of rotation from 18/19 and 19/20 has burnt the players both mentally and physically has led to this. Y. Liverpools play this year has looked fatigued and that was even before VVD got taken out. Potentially can argue even just before lockdown if you look at the Watford and Atletico results and games. You Liverpool brehs are soo caught up in this season are totally forgetting about the sins of not rotating the previous 2 seasons prior. Why you think Fergie managed to dominate for so long because he knew when to rotate his squad. Klopp plays his best XI regardless its vs the worst team in the league at Anfield. or vs the best teams in the league. You dont think that isnt going to catch up with a side after a while.

Bu-bu-but its the Hedge Funds fault Klopp plays the best XI every game. Bu-bu-but we only sign players for the first XI and who is going to replace our starters. THe one thing great teams/coaches do is not only sign starters they sign squad players too. Fergie and Wenger did this for years btw. You know why the Galaticos failed in the end at Madrid when Zidane, Real Ronaldo, Figo Becks etc etc were there. It wasnt just because Makaelelelelelele was sold. Because Florentino sold all the back ups and left them with about 14 first team players and mix and match it with youngsters. And this is well over 15 years ago. Is this not too far off from where Liverpool are at now. Bu-but-but our injuries its not fair. Life aint fair Liverpool had their luck with injuries for 2 seasons and the Liver bird has come home to be found in a pool of blood.

Carragher basically put up the most games and starts played since August 2018 and Liverpool have 5 players in that list. 1st Salah 3rd You 5th Robertson 8th Mane and 9th Wijnaldum. Sterling 2nd Coady 4th Bernardo Silva 6th Lucas Moura 7th Apzilicueta 10th Rashford.

Lets look at the non Liverpool 5. United fans were saying Rashford needs a rest. Then he broke his back vs Wolves and then Covid. Coady and Dave are defenders. Sterling did lose form prior to lockdown and has only just started looking his old self the past few months. And Bernardo Silva last season was off form. Given that he had basically played in 3 Title winner teams in 3 seasons you expect that too happen they aint machines. Then there is Lucas Moura

Receipts predicting this From Feb 4th 2015

A Klopp team having problems with teams sitting and parking. My word, that hasnt happened this season has it.

Is that too far back for you?

More recent

May 2019

May 2018 CL final
May 2019 CL Winners
July 2020 PL Winners

I think that fits the windows non? I did say Liverpool peaked in 2019 right? You know peak is their absolute maximum?

All before Liverpool won anything

WE having that conversation NOW :mjgrin:

Dumb argument, mou's team last about 3 years, pep same, he dipped once he saw the writting on the wall with barcelona, same ancelloti, same with zidane...conte, etc...

Damn near every winning manager in the modern era after 3-4 years their shyt start falling apart.

Klopp is weak vs parking the bus teams, pep versus counterattacking teams

Mou's and pep's style arent physically demanding like klopp or bielsa but after 3- 4 years teams usually figure them out specially in europe.

People were already saying last year that pep might leave blah blah just like with barca and bayern

Simeone style as grown stalle lucky for him a.madrid dont have bigger ambitions and both real and barca have fallen off at the same time,because at any other big club after winning the league in 2014 and basically nothing of worth in the last 5 years would get u fired.

It happens to the all the top manager, everybody cant be sir alex, wenger,paisley,lippi( even marcelo had to go after 4 years or so)

Ya'll too dramatic...it happens to every manager in the modern era

Rotating players or not shyt eventually would have gone south, it has happened to managers that rotate or that have less demanding styles

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Robbie's a businessman. :yeshrug:

tenor.gif

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Pogba see passing lanes before they open. Makes the attacking more dynamic.

Team without him look very direct. Much easier to defend against.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Foul helped mctominay out bc that was a terrible pass. My nikka need to on work passing drills

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Dumb argument, mou's team last about 3 years, pep same, he dipped once he saw the writting on the wall with barcelona, same ancelloti, same with zidane...conte, etc...

Damn near every winning manager in the modern era after 3-4 years their shyt start falling apart.

Klopp is weak vs parking the bus teams, pep versus counterattacking teams

Mou's and pep's style arent physically demanding like klopp or bielsa but after 3- 4 years teams usually figure them out specially in europe.

People were already saying last year that pep might leave blah blah just like with barca and bayern

Simeone style as grown stalle lucky for him a.madrid dont have bigger ambitions and both real and barca have fallen off at the same time,because at any other big club after winning the league in 2014 and basically nothing of worth in the last 5 years would get u fired.

It happens to the all the top manager, everybody cant be sir alex, wenger,paisley,lippi( even marcelo had to go after 4 years or so)

Ya'll too dramatic...it happens to every manager in the modern era

You're talking about the physical and totally ignoring the mental aspect.

It a dumb argument even tho an ex Liverpool player backs up my point about lack of rotation. And I give you the receipt. I said I predicted this before Liverpool won. I bring receipt and it isn't good enough.

The fact that i used Poch and Spurs as an example of what happens with high intensity teams going to shyt if you don't rotate. And they didn't win shyt.

Yes or No. My whole point has been about Liverpool's lack of rotation? I don't want to hear about none of that deflection nonsense. Have I or not backed my points up.

Simeone ran his team into the ground. And look what happened when he has rebuilt the squad over the past 2 seasons they are moving upwards now and he's rotating. But I guess that isn't fitting your narrative.

P.S. Ancelotti has never dipped he's always been sacked.

P.P.S If you ain't going to respond back regarding my actual point about the rotation then I rather you not reply back to me at all tbh.