Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'll say this. Previously, even at 2-0 I'd be worried about so much with Arsenal.

Will Auba/Laca stop getting service?
Will Xhaka do Xhaka things and get 88 cards all at once?
Just how lethargic will Willian be?
How will the back line get caught out and give up a cheap goal.

You look at this team at the end of this match an they are stroking the ball around, playing back heels and nutmegs...one touch football...Partey, Saka, Tierney and ESR have made a big change to this team...more confident.

Now do this against Citeh and Liverpool and I'll be TRUELY impressed.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
He's so unselfish.

He and Saka are proving that you've got to trust your young players sometimes. Love the youth movement coming in from Arsenal. When you look at ESR and Saka playing together there's an understanding between the two that's telepathic. Its really exciting.

I’m a big fan of our youngsters. I was saying that we should have completely blown the squad up and brought in a manager that was going to commit to developing them when we got rid of Wenger.

If ESR and Saka can stay healthy and keep developing, we’ll have some really good players to lead the line for years to come.

Both secondary attackers who have good instincts and intelligence.

All that’s missing is an eye for goal. At the moment, he’s focusing on being unselfish and looking for that incisive pass but once he starts trying to make goals for himself, he could really turn into a top player.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I'll say this. Previously, even at 2-0 I'd be worried about so much with Arsenal.

Will Auba/Laca stop getting service?
Will Xhaka do Xhaka things and get 88 cards all at once?
Just how lethargic will Willian be?
How will the back line get caught out and give up a cheap goal.

You look at this team at the end of this match an they are stroking the ball around, playing back heels and nutmegs...one touch football...Partey, Saka, Tierney and ESR have made a big change to this team...more confident.

Now do this against Citeh and Liverpool and I'll be TRUELY impressed.

I'll take Spurs, Leicester, Wolves.

Arsenal should be thinking of Europa or CL. Only 1 away against the big 6 remaining.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
meh...look at the difference that he is made in 5 games
he is the one new, constant thing in the last 5 games. it isnt hyperpoblic. we got one with him

I hope he can continue with the good form. He’s gonna have dips in form since he’s young but he’s really looking like a good player.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why no ones gone to Bilbao and splashed 50 milly on Inaki is insanity to me.

:ufdup::ufdup::ufdup::ufdup:

Still not good in general play, he's becoming a ball stopping player. Every time the ball goes to him, he just kills whatever it is we doing.

First goal is pretty much Auba right there, him running on to a well played pass. Everything else, heh. Hopefully we get more off this

Last edited: