Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Yeah you can tell he’s from the “hood” in south London. Croydon De Bruyne. :wow:

As an american, I have no idea, lol.

I'm just glad that we got our win. While I'm a bit worried about our attack at the beginning of the game, I definitely trust us to protect a lead. We can play that boring possession football when we need to kill the game. And when we score, we seem to play more loose.

Thomas Partey is qua-li-ty!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
yt1tm4ywt2c61.jpg

Evra about to be a dad. :wow:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Watching Partey push forward and make passes that don't go backwards and have a hint of risk just highlights how trash the midfield has been the last 2-3 years.
Yea, and he never seem to go full tilt, except for when he tracked back and missed that slide tackle. And it feels like players are getting used to passing it to him. Before they felt like other players were to close to him to pass it to him

Montez

Superstar
Daps

These dudes man. Gary is actually disrespectful with the way he tries to insult people’s intelligence. I'm not saying Phil never put in the work but the Neville's have been propped up by their buddies.

How/Why did Gary get the job at Valencia? Peter Lim. A co-owner of Salford City.

Who was his working at Valencia prior to Gary's appointment? Who did Gary make his number 2? Phil Neville.

Doesn't Beckham own 10% of Salford City?

I wouldn't have an issue with this if these guys didn't offer empty statements every time a Serbian throws a banana on the pitch or an ex-player goes on a podcast and vents their frustration over the lack of opportunities.

Watching Partey push forward and make passes that don't go backwards and have a hint of risk just highlights how trash the midfield has been the last 2-3 years.

37 forward passes!

He's an elegant and intelligent footballer. The amount of space he covers is stunning and he doesn't need many touches. He makes who ever is next to him better too. Would love to see him next to Bissouma or Aouar.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I doubt very much that Man Utd would pay anything like 100m for him now anyway.

It's good as the club is forcing people to recognise that the club is not as willing to splash the cash as before.

Dortmund have lost a ton by digging their heels in.

Dortmund couldn't cave tho. They gave the deadline and United took the piss, so they had to stand firm.

If Sancho has a strong 2nd half of the season and does well and help take Dortmund far in the CL. They won't of lost that much, if any at all.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Dortmund couldn't cave tho. They gave the deadline and United took the piss, so they had to stand firm.

If Sancho has a strong 2nd half of the season and does well and help take Dortmund far in the CL. They won't of lost that much, if any at all.

Post covid money is different. Clubs will be paying less incl. Man Utd. Ceteris-paribus covid pushed prices down.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

I would be shocked if anyone still goes for Sancho at 100m. Less sure but 100m? I don't see that. Part of the issue is they gave him a fat new contract they can barely afford so they really need him to go for big money.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Post covid money is different. Clubs will be paying less incl. Man Utd. Ceteris-paribus covid pushed prices down.

You just spent 37m was it? On a player with only 5 pro games to his name. And if I'm Dortmund I would use that against United, if they try low balling. He still goes for 70-80m.

On a different note, I do think Sancho does come back to England because of the whole pandemic he has barely seen his family and that seems to of played a apart in his loss of form. Which kinda picked up after Christmas as he managed to link his dad in Dubai during the Christmas break.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
United leaked a whole ass article detailing the cost and how it was out of the realm of possibility.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You just spent 37m was it? On a player with only 5 pro games to his name. And if I'm Dortmund I would use that against United, if they try low balling. He still goes for 70-80m.

On a different note, I do think Sancho does come back to England because of the whole pandemic he has barely seen his family and that seems to of played a apart in his loss of form. Which kinda picked up after Christmas as he managed to link his dad in Dubai during the Christmas break.

I still doubt very much that Man Utd would pay anything like 100m for Sancho.

On a personal note, hopefully we don't.

As for Diallo

This is from Wikilpedia:

"On 5 October 2020, Manchester United agreed to sign Diallo in January 2021, pending the agreement of personal terms, passing a medical and the issue of a work permit.[17][18] The reported fee was of €25 million – €40 million including bonuses.[19] Diallo officially joined on 7 January 2021, on a five-year contract with the option of an extra year.[20]"

This from transfermarkt: 15m EUR player + fees of 21m EUR

Y3s45W9.png

This is what the Manchester Evening News says

"The MEN understands United have agreed to pay £19m up front, with £18.1m in add-ons, for the 18-year-old Ivory Coast winger. The overall fee was initially believed to be around £27.5m but rose with agent's fees."