Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Pogba might score a screamer in the 89th minute to win it, he might be world class in the second half but i can't help feeling the day we stop sacrificing the team's balance for him is the day we become a proper team.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Pogba might score a screamer in the 89th minute to win it, he might be world class in the second half but i can't help feeling the day we stop sacrificing the team's balance for him is the day we become a proper team.

Team will never have any balance till we have a proper right sided attacker.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Team will never have any balance till we have a proper right sided attacker.
Partly, yeah. But if you watch every game you can't deny we are simply a more cohesive team with Fred/McTominay over Pogba/Matic(though the pog/Matic axis actually worked well in that post lockdown period despite popular belief).

That's not saying Fred/McTom are better players obviously but we just look better.:yeshrug:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Partly, yeah. But if you watch every game you can't deny we are simply a more cohesive team with Fred/McTominay over Pogba/Matic(though the pog/Matic axis actually worked well in that post lockdown period despite popular belief).

That's not saying Fred/McTom are better players obviously but we just look better.:yeshrug:

They're more mobile than Pogba n Matic. I don't like them as a 2 in the middle.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
They're more mobile than Pogba n Matic. I don't like them as a 2 in the middle.
We transition better, press better, move as a team better.

Only exemption re Pogba is when he plays on the left of the diamond where he doesn't have the same responsibilities defensively.