Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
One thing about rants. Once he makes an opinion of player, nothing that player does will change his mind which is stupid.

Rashford could win the European golden boot, Ballon D’Or, and score a World Cup winning goal for England and Rants would still go on about how “He’s a low IQ baller and Martial is better because of his link up play” :mjlol:

Big up Rants, but he can be a clown sometimes. Dude rates Yannick Bolasie but not Bruno Fernandes. :deadmanny:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It makes me literally sick that these youtubers are even enough of a factor to be discussed.(I'm LITERALLY vomiting right now at the thought)

Anyway, United v Liverpool in the FA Cup. :banderas:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
We all know the real issue.

Arsenal and Chelsea have the same issues brewing.

These times Rants says his favourite player in the league except for Pogba is Jack Grealish :snoop:

As an Arsenal fan that went to a lot of games before the pandemic, I can tell you for a fact that this issue has been brewing for about 4 years. A lot of the Oldboy fans don’t like the fact that the face of these fan channels don’t look like them so they’re beginning to deflect their criticisms and make it racial.

I’ve seen fights in the stands during Wenger’s last days and older fans doing chants about AFTV and coming to start beef with Robbie and those guys after the matches.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
People generally don't like them because they spout absolute fukking nonsense, they become a thing to laugh at for rival fans, they are purposely controversial for views/money etc etc

I can't speak for the undoubtedly large section of gammon fans of every football club that are most likely racist, but it's more a case of the issues i mentioned above rather than anything inherently racist, imo. Some of AFTV's biggest personalities are white. They're all clowns regardless of race.

Listen i've alluded to it before on here i think but i actually know that Saeed guy from the United one and he's barely a football fan never mind a United fan. I have a lot to back this up lol but fukk getting in to it.

The people that do these fan channels are genuinely no different from the average fan. I’ve been going to games since I was a kid and other than regional dialects, there’s literally no difference amongst fans. Some analyze the game and can provide useful insight, some are passionistas that only care about players getting stuck in and some will never be pleased unless they’re winning every game.

Whether or not, some of these YouTube personalities were genuine fans before getting in front of a camera is none of my concern but it’s pretty obvious that they most of them catch flack because of resentment rather than them doing/saying anything particularly wrong. The average football fan isn’t going to offer anything different than them or the guys that call in on Talksport.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The people that do these fan channels are genuinely no different from the average fan. I’ve been going to games since I was a kid and other than regional dialects, there’s literally no difference amongst fans. Some analyze the game and can provide useful insight, some are passionistas that only care about players getting stuck in and some will never be pleased unless they’re winning every game.

Whether or not, some of these YouTube personalities were genuine fans before getting in front of a camera is none of my concern but it’s pretty obvious that they most of them catch flack because of resentment rather than them doing/saying anything particularly wrong. The average football fan isn’t going to offer anything different than them or the guys that call in on Talksport.
The average fan is an idiot, agreed. But speaking as someone who would class themselves as an ultra-realistic/reasonable fan(despite whatever shyt i might post here for jokes) the majority are definitely either idiots or they're doing it on purpose for views.

It's honestly kinda sad, they simply cannot be reasonable/have perspective/look at the bigger picture because that doesn't get views. There's nothing wrong with genuine criticism but when that criticism is devoid of all context and perspective it's nothing but toxic nonsense.

I have nothing against anyone that watches it but i worry for the generation coming up that think this is what being a football fan is. Where only extreme opinion shouted the loudest is heard/recognized, where there's no grey area only black and white, shyt or amazing.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
These times Rants says his favourite player in the league except for Pogba is Jack Grealish :snoop:

As an Arsenal fan that went to a lot of games before the pandemic, I can tell you for a fact that this issue has been brewing for about 4 years. A lot of the Oldboy fans don’t like the fact that the face of these fan channels don’t look like them so they’re beginning to deflect their criticisms and make it racial.

I’ve seen fights in the stands during Wenger’s last days and older fans doing chants about AFTV and coming to start beef with Robbie and those guys after the matches.

:salute:

I know fans dont like AFTV, Rants, Expressionz, and some of the others but they actually help the clubs a lot. Fans in India and the Caribbean getting to talk football where they don't really have a recognized and consistent football media. Some of the opinions are shyt but that's life. Real fans in the modern game have been pushed out and these shows help bridge that gap.

Same fans have no issues slating players based on what the Mail, Mirror, or Sun print but turn their noses up at these boys.

The average fan is an idiot, agreed. But speaking as someone who would class themselves as an ultra-realistic/reasonable fan(despite whatever shyt i might post here for jokes) the majority are definitely either idiots or they're doing it on purpose for views.

It's honestly kinda sad, they simply cannot be reasonable/have perspective/look at the bigger picture because that doesn't get views. There's nothing wrong with genuine criticism but when that criticism is devoid of all context and perspective it's nothing but toxic nonsense.

I have nothing against anyone that watches it but i worry for the generation coming up that think this is what being a football fan is. Where only extreme opinion shouted the loudest is heard/recognized, where there's no grey area only black and white, shyt or amazing.

Agreed. I think Rants knows football and he allows certain shyt that is beneath him but he has made it very clear he's all about the Ps. His channel can be balanced but he can be excessive.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

I have nothing against anyone that watches it but i worry for the generation coming up that think this is what being a football fan is.

Football analysis moved away from actual analysis a long time ago. We’re in a generation of YouTube highlights, stat geeks that don’t actually watch games and clickbait opinions.

My main issue is that people go online and try to gatekeep on who’s a proper fan or not. A lot of people don’t actually care to have meaningful discussions about football because I’ve been called a shyt fan for criticizing Arsenal’s transfer business only to then be told I was right months later. If people actually spoke instead of just attacking each other then, fan bases wouldn’t be as retarded as they are.