Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Chiellini and his boys when Suarez arrives at training...

giphy.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I still don't think we should drop the bag on Sancho. We can get 3 other players for that money.

Also not sure why Dalot has been frozen out of the team. I think we could run him a couple games at RM. He's a good crosser of the ball from what I've seen. Obviously not as skilled as a Sancho but I think he still warrants a chance.

Also, no need to sell Fred. He's a solid player and gives it a 100% when he plays. Just needed to eliminate some small errors in his game (passes, final product in the final third etc).

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I still don't think we should drop the bag on Sancho. We can get 3 other players for that money.

Also not sure why Dalot has been frozen out of the team. I think we could run him a couple games at RM. He's a good crosser of the ball from what I've seen. Obviously not as skilled as a Sancho but I think he still warrants a chance.

Also, no need to sell Fred. He's a solid player and gives it a 100% when he plays. Just needed to eliminate some small errors in his game (passes, final product in the final third etc).

Tbh the Sancho outlay is the type of signing you make to finish your team off/make an already strong team stronger. Not when you're halfway constructing it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What could he have done about that Neymar deal? He wanted to leave, and the release clause was met.

He only wanted to leave because after that season everything was about how Messi pulled the team from the depths. In reality, that season you could argue that in the big matches Neymar was the real difference maker. And when you saw all of the branding around Barca it was Messi and no one else. That might have been cool for Suarez who was also 30, but Neymar never felt like Barca was going to be his team....that's the boards fault.

You look at Man City. Augero is arguably a top 3-5 striker in premier league history, Kompany held together a poo-butt back line, David Silva their key playmaker...and yet when KDB came around it became HIS team.

Messi understood, in the same way that Ronaldinho did for him, that Neymar was to inherit Barca. He didn't want to leave, and Messi/Suarez didn't want him gone either. But Neymar Sr. and his camp leveraged the board's ineptitude and lack of context. This IMO comes from not having enough "footballing" voices in the room. And Abidal was a terrible executive.

Barca's board felt like they would have Messi FOREVER. They are learning the hard way.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
fukk that just go and get Sterling and Martinez

Run with Griezmann-Matinez-Sterling

Give Riqui Puig the start have him play along side De Jong and Pjanic. And go buy another everyday CB.

Memphis confirmed for Barca then.

Hoeman will try and do what LVG did which is recreate the Dutch NT.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
He only wanted to leave because after that season everything was about how Messi pulled the team from the depths. In reality, that season you could argue that in the big matches Neymar was the real difference maker. And when you saw all of the branding around Barca it was Messi and no one else. That might have been cool for Suarez who was also 30, but Neymar never felt like Barca was going to be his team....that's the boards fault.

You look at Man City. Augero is arguably a top 3-5 striker in premier league history, Kompany held together a poo-butt back line, David Silva their key playmaker...and yet when KDB came around it became HIS team.

Messi understood, in the same way that Ronaldinho did for him, that Neymar was to inherit Barca. He didn't want to leave, and Messi/Suarez didn't want him gone either. But Neymar Sr. and his camp leveraged the board's ineptitude and lack of context. This IMO comes from not having enough "footballing" voices in the room. And Abidal was a terrible executive.

Barca's board felt like they would have Messi FOREVER. They are learning the hard way.

Breh you talking like someone gave City to De Bruyne...:russ:
Fans can see with their eyes who the better player is, and just assume it's that persons team. Neymar is not a better player than Messi, would probably never be. If he was THAT nikka we'd crown him. Maybe Neymar just came to Barca at the wrong time, Messi wasn't close to falling off, even 3 whole years after he left, Messi won another Balon Dor.
Look at United for example, Pogba is great, but we all know and can see this is Bruno's team now. Not because of some media narrative, it's just obvious, we can all see it on our screens.