Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Oh, I watched a bit of the debates after the US game was over, and it was one of the most disgusting "debates" I've ever seen. Staredowns, interruptions, etc. all in a chase to look "commanding" and "imposing" while still maintaining the same disgusting plastic smiles as always in efforts to look good for their cameras. I've been watching some old debates recently; differences are obvious and things have really gotten out of hand.
politics in America has gotten out of hand, no surprise the debates become embroiled by it.

the media and us as Americans have allowed it to happen. Romney bullied everyone two weeks ago, and it was seen as a great victory for him despite him not saying anything substantive.

Its what we like as citizens.

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
:whoa:

So you goin against the Blacks of England for a bunch of racist Poles :pacspit:

I bet you was cheerin on Serbias players & fans last night as well :pacspit:

Hows Leon Best :laff: thats like the best you got right?

Is that you :mjpls:

Serbs were just being serbs last night. Its what they do.

I always support the underdog and the polskis are playing the better football.

Speaking of racists who was your captain in the euros? :ehh:

:lawd:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Serbs were just being serbs last night. Its what they do.

I always support the underdog and the polskis are playing the better football.

Speaking of racists who was your captain in the euros? :ehh:

Paul McGrath vs Italy WC'94 - YouTube

:lawd:

Gerrard, :ufdup: so your attempted slick comment EPIC FAILED

Its nice that you can put up a default video of the only black player people respect from Ireland, but what about Phil Babb why aint you puttin up videos of him? Is it because hes an embrassment? :smugfavre:

So if you always support the underdog, does that mean you was supportin Faroe Islands yesterday? :usure:

concise

Veteran
Daps
politics in America has gotten out of hand, no surprise the debates become embroiled by it.

the media and us as Americans have allowed it to happen. Romney bullied everyone two weeks ago, and it was seen as a great victory for him despite him not saying anything substantive.

Its what we like as citizens.

:smh: at that and those people that liked it. That doesn't tickle or entertain me. It's disgusting and I got instant headaches from watching that garbage.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:smh: at that and those people that liked it. That doesn't tickle or entertain me. It's disgusting and I got instant headaches from watching that garbage.

I thought it was great, battle of the wits and whatnot with a bit of :fight:

I recognize the country is fukked cause of stupidity, even if the debates were formal and all the 'facts' were 100% true it wouldn't make a difference at all. Might as well get some entertainment :hula:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
The chip on Clint Dempsey's shoulder - ESPNFC

:clap:

Like many Americans, Dempsey first glimpsed the World Cup in 1994. Aged 11, he traveled to the Cotton Bowl to witness Germany top South Korea, with future coach Jurgen Klinsmann notching two goals, including the eventual winner. His older brother Ryan later revealed from that day onward, Dempsey's only goal was to set foot on a World Cup field with the U.S. team, a feat he has achieved through force of will.

"I have been in two World Cups," Dempsey said. "In the first, we did not get out of the group stage. Last time, we won the group but then lost in the very next game. Now we have to try to go as far as we can, to put together a good run, man."

The evolution of American footballing success looms large for Dempsey. "We are always trying to set new standards," he said. "All of us are desperate to do better than the team that came before us. Our main goal now is to get past the quarterfinal in the World Cup and surpass the achievement of the 2002 team. That is what we must do now -- to get to that level."

:myman:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Oh, I watched a bit of the debates after the US game was over, and it was one of the most disgusting "debates" I've ever seen. Staredowns, interruptions, etc. all in a chase to look "commanding" and "imposing" while still maintaining the same disgusting plastic smiles as always in efforts to look good for their cameras. I've been watching some old debates recently; differences are obvious and things have really gotten out of hand.

True. Politics ain't what they used to be. This is gonna be my first election I vote in.

As such I fukks with Jill Stein :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

unfortunately, its what the people want. Also politics has gotten so divisive in this country, and it shows on the Hill.

You could disagree with the opposite politician but it doesnt mean you dont like the person. Nowadays two guys from separate parties cant be seen around each other. That stuff goes down to us too. You say you believe X, and the mood shifts immediately. Ive seen it. Nothing gets done anymore, and its been like this since the 70s.