Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
Don't jinx it, but the resume is kinda weak compared to Barca 2015 winner. They beat all Champions of Europe Leagues

That's great and all, but they didn't go perfect.

10 wins is 10 wins, never been done before, not even in the days of the European Cup when only the champions of European leagues and the title holder qualified.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Hate to break it to you breh, but most Africans who played in foreign youth teams, before opting to play for their home nation, only did so after they realized there was zero or very little chance they get to play for the national team of that country...

Kevin Prince Boateng only joined Ghana black stars after he realized he saw he wasn't getting in that Germany team, and Ghana had a good chance to play in the world cup...he only used us to get world cup hype and refused to play in any African cup of nations tournament iirc

Keita, Koulibaly and Mane were born and raised in their respective countries. Any young African breh who has the juice at a young age and gets offered a NT call up for a foreign nation is choosing that 90% of the time

I remember Ghetto Prince got his Black Stars passport in 2010, retired in 2011. Made himself available in time for Brasil. :unimpressed:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I remember Ghetto Prince got his Black Stars passport in 2010, retired in 2011. Made himself available in time for Brasil. :unimpressed:

shyt went south in Brazil, he was the first to bounce :francis:
Can't hate on anyone from that 2010 team tho, I don't think anything has ever made me happier than that world cup run and 2014 game against Germany :mjcry:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Wasn't Brasil 2014 when the FA tried to do the bonus phuckery?

Yea, right before the game they lost to the USA, supposedly had the Ghana FA deliver a plane full of cash (or at least that's how I remember it was reported :mjlol: )

That shyt was so dramatic :mjlol:
Had players posing with the cash and shyt :mjlol:
And brehs want people to come play for these shyt show FAs? :russ:

concise

Veteran
Daps
That shyt was so dramatic :mjlol:
Had players posing with the cash and shyt :mjlol:
And brehs want people to come play for these shyt show FAs? :russ:

It will take some kind of changes in philosophy. Forgot how many times this has happened. :francis:

World Cup 2014: Fifa 'tried to stop' Ghana bonus row

While Ghana have now gone home from Brazil, having been eliminated from the tournament at the group stage, another bonus row is ongoing involving Nigeria.

The Super Eagles, due to meet France in the last 16 on Monday, refused to train on Thursday over fears they would not receive bonus payments from the Nigerian Football Federation, the BBC understands.

It prompted Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to speak to senior players on Friday to assure them that the money will be paid.

There was a similar issue with Cameroon, whose players refused to board their plane to South America because of a row over appearance fees. They arrived for the World Cup a day later than scheduled.

The issue is not a new one. Togo went on strike over bonus money at the 2006 tournament in Germany and Fifa was forced to intervene.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Also, it seems to me that the North African nations like Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria seem to have a bigger amount of guys born in Europe play for them than the other countries. I think Morocco's last WC squad was like 80% Europe born. Why is that?

Hate to break it to you breh, but most Africans who played in foreign youth teams, before opting to play for their home nation, only did so after they realized there was zero or very little chance they get to play for the national team of that country...

Kevin Prince Boateng only joined Ghana black stars after he realized he saw he wasn't getting in that Germany team, and Ghana had a good chance to play in the world cup...he only used us to get world cup hype and refused to play in any African cup of nations tournament iirc

Keita, Koulibaly and Mane were born and raised in their respective countries. Any young African breh who has the juice at a young age and gets offered a NT call up for a foreign nation is choosing that 90% of the time

Which country are you from?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, it seems to me that the North African nations like Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria seem to have a bigger amount of guys born in Europe play for them than the other countries. I think Morocco's last WC squad was like 80% Europe born. Why is that?

Which country are you from?

Cause our part of Africa is a fukkery fest. And also the level of self hatred and brainwashing is not as strong as ours.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
It will take some kind of changes in philosophy. Forgot how many times this has happened. :francis:

World Cup 2014: Fifa 'tried to stop' Ghana bonus row

Heard that shyt happened in 2006 too, before our round of 16 game against Brazil. There was no social media or proper internet here at the time so it didn't really blow up.
Players lost focus and got bodied by Brazil...plus we played a highline against Ronaldo, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Kaka :mjlol: