Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
All talk. Nothing will change till that president leaves
117644080_130501262078220_4089231146313931488_n.jpg

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
That was the EXACT problem. Neymar was the HEIR APPARANT and even Messi knew it. He knew it. But what happened is that Bartolomeu/Abidal refused to give him props.

When the Remondata happened and Neymar put Barca on his back and beat PSG nearly single-handedly. It was up to the front office to create all sorts of branding, videos, social posts etc. Highlighting Neymar's night.

But instead do you know what the most popular video was? Messi celebrating Sergi Roberto's goal. Now I'm not saying Barca can control the fans and how they react. But they didn't help the situation when PSG came around and basically told Neymar.

"Barcelona will NEVER be your team as long as Messi lives and breathes."

As much as I think Bayern will win...what divine justice would it be for PSG to finally win UCL with NEYMAR at the fore....

Barcelona deserve all of the hate that's about to come their way...literally 1000% of it.
but why would neymar wait until 31 to succeed messi? for all we know he could fall off when he's 30, you know how Brazilian players are.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
pfff 3

De Jong
Messi (cuz you'd NEVER give him away)
Fati

Literally everyone else is either too old or expendable. And I hate to say that about Busquets one of my favorite players ever...but he needs one more CDM to mentor and get ready to hang it up.

I'd add ter Stegen and maybe Semedo though tonight was rough.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
it ended when Xavi fell off.
Once Xavi left and Iniesta became less effective, it was a wrap. That treble they won in 2015 only masked the cracks. When you have a front three of Messi, Suarez and Neymar, you should be winning a treble at minimum. Neymar leaving was the final nail in the coffin.

Their midfield has ZERO creativity. Their defense is flabby and sick with too many injuries with the new blood coming in. If Dembele and Umtiti can stay fit and they get a word class creative midfielder... then they may have a chance in the next few seasons.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
to be fair with neymar he's 28 now and messi is 33. messi is still playing, probably for 3 more years? so neymar would have to wait until he's 31 when he's prolly going to fall of then. he made the right choice leaving to get out of messi's shadow.
Neymar just got passed by MBappe.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hate to say it but this team is almost as good as the 2013 Bayern. They don't have Robbery so it's inferior, but they still have Thiago and Davis.
Maybe I'm going overboard with the hate but they legit haven't played anyone decent. Chelsea and Barca are steaming garbage and both belong in the Europa League.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Neymar just got passed by MBappe.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Mbappe is a great player... yes, a World Cup winner but he is not on Neymar’s level. At least not yet. Neymar is the complete player. He can do everything. Mbappe has got great pace and finishing but he’s not the finished package yet.

its a travesty that neither one won a ballon d or:scust:

but hey goals are appealing so that will always get the glory over assist,pulling the strings,controlling the tempo of a game and lovely long passes:wow:

liverpool better sign this nikka thiago:ufdup:
When Wesley Sneidjer was snubbed in 2010 after winning the treble with Inter... I just. :scust: Disgraceful. He made it to a word cup final too.