Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Once Xavi left and Iniesta became less effective, it was a wrap. That treble they won in 2015 only masked the cracks. When you have a front free with Messi, Suarez and Neymar, you should be winning a treble at minimum. Neymar leaving was the final nail in the coffin.

Their midfield has ZERO creativity. Their defense is flabby and sick with too many injuries with the new blood coming in. If Dembele and Umtiti can stay fit and they get a word class creative midfielder... then they may have a chance in the next few seasons.
Xavi was the only player to control a match. We have never seen that. Every match was played under his terms. Dude was a weapon of mass destruction in his prime.

When a player like that falls off, you have to change the way you play because he is not replaceable. They caught a lick with the Neymar/Suarez/Messi forward line, but they never had control again.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
hate to say it but this team is almost as good as the 2013 Bayern. They don't have Robbery so it's inferior, but they still have Thiago and Davis.
That 2013 team was a beast. :wow:
I remember that final against Dourtmund.. I was smashing this Portuguese/Angolan at the time. :takedat:

Good times.:mjcry:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
GC0qDqK.png
71KEM1.gif
rZzHQhG.png

:whew: Beautiful goal. Davies is a beast

Going from MLS to champions league:wow:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Mbappe is a great player... yes, a World Cup winner but he is not on Neymar’s level. At least not yet. Neymar is the complete player. He can do everything. Mbappe has got great pace and finishing but he’s not the finished package yet.
MBappe is a more important player than Neymar. This time next year we won't even be thinking about Neymar with regards to MBape. :beli:

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Mbappe is a great player... yes, a World Cup winner but he is not on Neymar’s level. At least not yet. Neymar is the complete player. He can do everything. Mbappe has got great pace and finishing but he’s not the finished package yet.

Neymar is more of a playmaker, Mbappe is a playmaker and a finisher.

sorry breh but mbappe>Neymar

France would have rather had Mbappe over Neymar 10 times outta 10 IMO

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
MBappe is a more important player than Neymar. This time next year we won't even be thinking about Neymar with regards to MBape. :beli:

Neymar is more of a playmaker, Mbappe is a playmaker and a finisher.

sorry breh but mbappe>Neymar

France would have rather had Mbappe over Neymar 10 times outta 10 IMO
I’ll have to respectfully disagree. Don’t let Neymar’s injury ravaged time at PSG deceive you. He’s the best player at PSG. Yes Mbappe has been the engine as of late but there’s no way I would take him over Neymar at the moment.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I just remembered Modric won world player of the year and Wesley Sneidjer didn’t for doing the exact same thing. :hhh:

Edit: Modric didn’t even win the treble like Sneidjer.:ohhh: