Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Smh, Belgium's pride cost us a really good knockout phase in 2018. Letting England win the group would've given them a VERY good chance to be in the final.
We would've gotten England vs Brazil in the quarters and a Brazil vs France semis. Instead we had Croatia going all the way and doing fukk all in the final
These Belgium nikkas always get hyped up and they always bottle it. 1998-2006 Spain :hhh:. Still can't believe Roberto Matrinez got sacked by Everton and then immediately got this job :lolbron:

Croatia probably would've fared better if they where fresh but I still think France would've still prevailed..basically between them and England it was food on a plate for France, like Argentina & Holland were food for Germany back in 2014 :yeshrug:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Everton say they are "appalled" after images emerged appearing to show striker Moise Kean at a house party.

The Daily Star reported that Italian Kean, 20, filmed himself at the party in his apartment.

Everton said it was "appalled to learn of an incident in which a first team player ignored Government guidance and club policy in relation to the coronavirus crisis.

The club has "strongly expressed its disappointment to the player."

:unimpressed:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
These Belgium nikkas always get hyped up and they always bottle it. 1998-2006 Spain :hhh:. Still can't believe Roberto Matrinez got sacked by Everton and then immediately got this job :lolbron:

Croatia probably would've fared better if they where fresh but I still think France would've still prevailed..basically between them and England it was food on a plate for France, like Argentina & Holland were food for Germany back in 2014 :yeshrug:

Yup Martinez is at fault. All that talent and he runs that shyt system. They got as far as they did on sheer talent alone.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
35 year old Lampard still decisive in these huge games meanwhile Gerrard at the same age was playing MLS
Though i think Stevie Me is overrated, he never had the legs around him like Lamps or Scholes, he was usually the one running everything which takes its toll on the body.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Don't forget in the first leg of that tie Lampard also had a massive moment. Dispossed Messi, made an inch perfect pass to Ramires who then crossed for Drogba to score the game winner.

35 year old Lampard still decisive in these huge games meanwhile Gerrard at the same age was playing MLS :sas2:

I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would tbh.

I seen Lampard boss games in Manchester and New York when he was :flabbynsick:. There is no comparison with Gerrard. In fact Lampard should feel insulted they tried to pair them together in midfield.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Another one bites the dust.

That’s going to really hurt the plans to restart the CL with both Lyon and PSG still in the competition.

:mjlit:

If Serie A or PL cancel issa wrap for all leagues including UCL

if they go about playing a game every 3 days after this is over, there will be dozens of injuries.

no only do i think will there be an increase injuries during that span but if they do that lets say in june and players return in august for next season. we are talking more injuries then.

realistically i dont think it makes sense to play the seasons until they are certain and can provide a full preseason. imagine trying to restart any of these sports without exhibitions before to get them in match shape.

with all that said dominos are falling for 19-20 seasons to be ended for all sports

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Leagues are going to look really bad at this point if they continue the season after all of these warnings and one of the older members of the coaching staff or anyone around the team in any capacity ends up dead. If someone like Sarri contracted the virus there’s no way he would make it.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Leagues are going to look really bad at this point if they continue the season after all of these warnings and one of the older members of the coaching staff or anyone around the team in any capacity ends up dead. If someone like Sarri contracted the virus there’s no way he would make it.

Yall so disingenuous :mjlol: