Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Whats your opinions on the new substitution rule they're trying to input?
I think it's 5 substitutes from 3.

Do you think the Rona is gonna have a big effect on the he transfer market?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Whats your opinions on the new substitution rule they're trying to input?
I think it's 5 substitutes from 3.

Do you think the Rona is gonna have a big effect on the he transfer market?

I haven't checked the proposed new sub rule. I guess they are more to do with concussion protocol?

3 is fine tbh. 5 will be used for time wasting, unless they put stipulations on them. Otherwise you'll get someone like Mourinho making subs at 88th, 89th and 90th min. :francis:

But I always felt that the keeper should be a separate substitution within itself. So you have 3 outfield ones and then a 4th for the keeper, in case of an injury or sending off. The team is already being punished with losing a player and conceding a pen (as to why most keepers getting sent off) don't need to be punished again losing a sub to replace the keeper.

And yes the Rona will have a big effect on the market. To many teams have lost transfer budget money as it is. If the big teams aren't spending money, which gets filtered down thru out the various leagues then the smaller teams won't be spending. While transfer fees are stupid now, the more money spent from big teams to medium teams, the better it is for everyone else. Its like a butterfly effect/6 degrees of separation.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously I don't miss sports at all. I cant believe my goofy of the year roommate had himself a mini draft party. My lord this lockdown is really exposing how sad Western Society is.

Grown assss folks who literally dont know what to do with themselves other then starring at screen.

F K

All Star
Daps
Seriously I don't miss sports at all. I cant believe my goofy of the year roommate had himself a mini draft party. My lord this lockdown is really exposing how sad Western Society is.

Grown assss folks who literally dont know what to do with themselves other then starring at screen.
:skip: thank you for shytting on the thing we all come here to discuss. feel free to leave us sad goofies alone now :heh::camby:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On this day 8 years ago. One of the Greatest Chelsea goals on the biggest stage. That assist by Lampard :ohlawd:

Don't forget in the first leg of that tie Lampard also had a massive moment. Dispossed Messi, made an inch perfect pass to Ramires who then crossed for Drogba to score the game winner.

35 year old Lampard still decisive in these huge games meanwhile Gerrard at the same age was playing MLS :sas2:

I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would tbh.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I haven't checked the proposed new sub rule. I guess they are more to do with concussion protocol?

3 is fine tbh. 5 will be used for time wasting, unless they put stipulations on them. Otherwise you'll get someone like Mourinho making subs at 88th, 89th and 90th min. :francis:

But I always felt that the keeper should be a separate substitution within itself. So you have 3 outfield ones and then a 4th for the keeper, in case of an injury or sending off. The team is already being punished with losing a player and conceding a pen (as to why most keepers getting sent off) don't need to be punished again losing a sub to replace the keeper.

And yes the Rona will have a big effect on the market. To many teams have lost transfer budget money as it is. If the big teams aren't spending money, which gets filtered down thru out the various leagues then the smaller teams won't be spending. While transfer fees are stupid now, the more money spent from big teams to medium teams, the better it is for everyone else. Its like a butterfly effect/6 degrees of separation.
I agree about the keeper sub. But no to 5 subs. I wouldn't be against a 4th sub in extra time for knockout tournaments though.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Anybody else concerned about the potential fixture congestion we might see once everything is back up and running again from everyone trying to recoup their losses?

Yes. They will say well they've had long enough break :francis: In a way it's a blessing that the World Cup is being held in Nov 2022. Tbh I kinda worried for the players coming back to complete this season. Gone from doing phuck all straight into high intensity matches for a lot of teams still fighting for something. Its not like a normal pre/start of season, where you can easy into everything.

Need to scrap the league cup in England and France for starters. Just for 20/21 season, I'm all for scraping the domestic cups. Yes the smaller clubs lose revenue from potential home cup ties, but at the same time how many of those smaller clubs will still be about :hubie:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else concerned about the potential fixture congestion we might see once everything is back up and running again from everyone trying to recoup their losses?

if they go about playing a game every 3 days after this is over, there will be dozens of injuries.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Smh, Belgium's pride cost us a really good knockout phase in 2018. Letting England win the group would've given them a VERY good chance to be in the final.
We would've gotten England vs Brazil in the quarters and a Brazil vs France semis. Instead we had Croatia going all the way and doing fukk all in the final

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Smh, Belgium's pride cost us a really good knockout phase in 2018. Letting England win the group would've given them a VERY good chance to be in the final.
We would've gotten England vs Brazil in the quarters and a Brazil vs France semis. Instead we had Croatia going all the way and doing fukk all in the final

:mjlol: relying on Belgium.

Croatia done phuck all, as they played 120 mins in last 16, Q/F and Semis games. They were already dead the time they played France.