Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
How do I actually learn what I’m watching? Soccer has grown lightweight interesting to watch, but not having grown up with it, I’m just watching them run around, an occasional interesting block or pass and score. I know nothing of what else to look for

I started getting into ice hockey over the last few years, and how I started to better understand the game was by learning one position at a time. I would learn all about the role and responsibilities of a Defenseman, and then when I watched games I would just focus on the defenseman. Then after a few games I would move on to learning about the Centre and would follow the same plan of watching and understanding that specific position.

You can learn all of the players, strategies, formations, etc., but it’s kind of pointless if you don’t know what the role of each player is and what makes them either good or bad at their job. It really makes the game more enjoyable when you know what everybody is doing and the reasoning behind it.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Dude had to wait until Zlatan was half way around the world to pop off in the media, straight up coward behavior :scust:

“Nikkas talk a lot of shyt, but that's after I'm gone
‘Cause they fear me in the physical form”

:pacspit:

tumblr_px1wk6AYoo1vvwgg7o1_400.gifv

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I started getting into ice hockey over the last few years, and how I started to better understand the game was by learning one position at a time. I would learn all about the role and responsibilities of a Defenseman, and then when I watched games I would just focus on the defenseman. Then after a few games I would move on to learning about the Centre and would follow the same plan of watching and understanding that specific position.

You can learn all of the players, strategies, formations, etc., but it’s kind of pointless if you don’t know what the role of each player is and what makes them either good or bad at their job. It really makes the game more enjoyable when you know what everybody is doing and the reasoning behind it.
This is a really good approach. I’m gonna try this

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
How do I actually learn what I’m watching? Soccer has grown lightweight interesting to watch, but not having grown up with it, I’m just watching them run around, an occasional interesting block or pass and score. I know nothing of what else to look for
Best guy out there for tactical analysis for me is Michael Cox, he's now behind paywall with Athletic. And I prefer reading over watching YouTube videos with multiple pauses and cuts.

There are bunch of tactical analysis channels on YouTube but they're all :russell: You're better off spending that time watching actual matches.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seen swp on insta didn't even kno he had a ute.. Makes sense though coz swp was doing bits in like 04. Must of been 19-21.

The utes prob 15-16

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Matic getting a contract extension...
He had a horrible end to last season and a bad start, but ever since he's comeback he has been clutch and it adds a depth to the sqaud as long as he's a squad player:manny:

concise

Veteran
Daps
There's talks now of Italy throwing the rest of the season in the bushes due to how many people there now have coronavirus. :lupe: