Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Nico does a lot of dumb shyt and this was high class stupid

Yeah, if United had a free kick taker who could get shyt on target we would have been fukked.... not to mention the sitters Sterling missed and the open goal David Silva decided he didn't want to score. Was a frustrating game of football to watch.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah, if United had a free kick taker who could get shyt on target we would have been fukked.... not to mention the sitters Sterling missed and the open goal David Silva decided he didn't want to score. Was a frustrating game of football to watch.
Yep, overall maddening

Switch

All Star
Daps
I know I’m late but seen that Silva clip, why did he pass? :gucci:

Must have had a bet on

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I know I’m late but seen that Silva clip, why did he pass? :gucci:

Must have had a bet on

He wanted United to win, but not by 2 goals so it would go to PKs. United win, they can post on their social media, Ole keeps his job longer and they go further in the mud.

By the time their clueless board realizes Ole ain't it, hopefully dudes like Poch and Allegri are long gone.

Or maybe David Silva just isn't confident shooting anymore, which is a reality I don't want to confront.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Or maybe David Silva just isn't confident shooting anymore, which is a reality I don't want to confront.

As a newer (:manny:) fan/watcher I really only know him to appear hesitant to shoot from watching since the start of last years competitions.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
As a newer (:manny:) fan/watcher I really only know him to appear hesitant to shoot from watching since the start of last years competitions.

He's not the goal scorer he was, but he usually doesn't hesitate on that left foot. Baffling what he did yesterday, especially after Sterling's performance. Just shoot the damn ball.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Yayo Toure you think raheems drop in form is related to arteta leaving. its said arteta would stay behind after training and work with sterling on some shooting drills etc. timing works out. Or is he just run into the ground over the past two seasons i dont have stats to prove it but im pretty certain he has the most minutes on the team in that time frame

edit: this is not to excuse him for multiple misses in big games for us in his career

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
@Yayo Toure you think raheems drop in form is related to arteta leaving. its said arteta would stay behind after training and work with sterling on some shooting drills etc. timing works out. Or is he just run into the ground over the past two seasons i dont have stats to prove it but im pretty certain he has the most minutes on the team in that time frame

edit: this is not to excuse him for multiple misses in big games for us in his career

I'm 100% sure it's because Arteta is gone. Sterling isn't a natural finisher so he needs the extra work constantly or else he reverts back to the guy he was 3 years ago. Among wide forwards you look at how Sane is when he gets the ball in the box how much poise he has, Sterling and Salah don't have that and you will see them miss absolute sitters from time to time.

City need another solution for Sterling's finishing woes, or they better break the bank and match Bayerns terms for Sane.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm 100% sure it's because Arteta is gone. Sterling isn't a natural finisher so he needs the extra work constantly or else he reverts back to the guy he was 3 years ago. Among wide forwards you look at how Sane is when he gets the ball in the box how much poise he has, Sterling and Salah don't have that and you will see them miss absolute sitters from time to time.

City need another solution for Sterling's finishing woes, or they better break the bank and match Bayerns terms for Sane.
:francis:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Completely agree when Sane come back hes walking right in the team. Hopefully that pushes sterling to produce more quality. I am hoping we sign another coach that provides the PL knowledge that arteta had. Even when Torrent left to go to nycfc our set pieces began to to lack we havent recovered since then.