Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I'm confused. Does Lacazette think he's better than what he's showed so far and Emery is holding him back?

Everytime I see him play I don't understand why he should. He loses the ball and falls down for fouls and looks exasperated. At least Ozil's lazy ass can open up their offense.

To be fair, Lacazette will like anything regarding Arsenal on instagram. He likes just about every troopz post.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Alert me when he has his 59 goal season :unimpressed:

Score 59 goals but don't score any when Barca actually needed one in the CL 2nd leg vs Atletico.

See the common theme going on here, all these important 2nd leg away games in the CL, where Barca go into them leading but someone, well what I'm told is the best striker in the world and of his generation seems to always leave their shooting boots in Barcelona.

:sas2:

Call yourself African Brehda but:cape: for a white Latin over a player with Cameroonian Algerian heritage.

:mjpls:

Sure it isn't African Boer instead :skip:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:ohlawd:
Dembele is not more talented than Mbappe :mjlol:. Mbappe is both the best and most talented. That’s what makes him so scary. My nikka got extreme pace and acceleration, and the technical skills to match. He’s good with either foot. :whew:and he got better ball control than Dembele.

He reminds me of pre injury R9. :francis:
no

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Since 2000, I’d only take Eto’o, Henry, and Zlatan over him.

M’Bappe will surpass them all.
Tbh Henry was prolific but limited in my opinion. He’s not on etoo or zlatans level at all in my opinion. You’ve got to add Drogba before any consideration of Henry.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Tbh Henry was prolific but limited in my opinion. He’s not on etoo or zlatans level at all in my opinion. You’ve got to add Drogba before any consideration of Henry.
Brehs trolling :troll:

The only criticism of Henry I will allow is he didn’t score in a cup final and he didn’t head the ball. Everything else here. :camby:

Man had a 20 assist season and is somehow limited.
tenor.gif

Henry was better than Zlatan and Eto’o and had a balon D’or unfairly stolen from him in 2003.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Score 59 goals but don't score any when Barca actually needed one in the CL 2nd leg vs Atletico.

See the common theme going on here, all these important 2nd leg away games in the CL, where Barca go into them leading but someone, well what I'm told is the best striker in the world and of his generation seems to always leave their shooting boots in Barcelona.

:sas2:

Call yourself African Brehda but:cape: for a white Latin over a player with Cameroonian Algerian heritage.

:mjpls:

Sure it isn't African Boer instead :skip:
Who would you rather have from 99 to 05, Henry or Shevchenko? :mjpls:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Look at their CL records vs. Karim’s

So you overlook his league performances and write him off just because of his UCL form? R9 has only 14 UCL goals, does that make Benzema better?

Breh won the La Liga and European golden boot in the era of Ronaldo and Messi. Suarez was THAT nikka in 15/16. Pull up Benzema stats and see how they pale in comparison
Look at the madness he pulled off at liverpool too

This nikka Benz has a La Liga season with 5 goals breh :mjlol:
Being complete doesn't make you the best by default

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
What does he do better than Mbappe?
better dribbler, better creator, better key passer, better against park buss teams.

Just as quick(yup, he is)

Mbappe is playing in lique 1. don't forget that. Dembele destroyed ligue 1 as an 18 year old too. and faced better opposition in la liga. la liga defenders are way smarter. Basically how Mbappe looked against Juve in the CL is how he will look in most games, neutralized. But he will still get his goals because he is a better goal hunter and scorer.

btw, I'm basing most of this when Dembele is playing on the right :whoa:
on the left, he's not as creative and hardly touches the ball in ideal spots

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Zlatan :patrice:

He's entertaining and very talented but got the same CL league goals as Shevchenko but Sheva did it in less games. Sheva also scored them in big games i.e knockout stages

Zlatan's period of dominance was when Seria A was at its lowest and he was playing for the most dominant teams. Went to Barca and 16 goals in La Liga is nothing to write home about

Again he dominated Ligue 1 and MLS :skip:

Benzema, Van Nistelrooy, Lewandowski and Henry all have more CL goals in less games than Zlatan

Breh has never scored in a WC and as soon as he retired Sweden reached the Quarter Finals

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So you overlook his league performances and write him off just because of his UCL form? R9 has only 14 UCL goals, does that make Benzema better?

Breh won the La Liga and European golden boot in the era of Ronaldo and Messi. Suarez was THAT nikka in 15/16. Pull up Benzema stats and see how they pale in comparison
Look at the madness he pulled off at liverpool too

This nikka Benz has a La Liga season with 5 goals breh :mjlol:
Being complete doesn't make you the best by default
I’m well aware of what Sanchez did, pummeling the likes of Osasuna and Mallorca and Getafe.

In CL, the peak of the sport, he hasn’t done it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Zlatan :patrice:

He's entertaining and very talented but got the same CL league goals as Shevchenko but Sheva did it in less games. Sheva also scored them in big games i.e knockout stages

Zlatan's period of dominance was when Seria A was at its lowest and he was playing for the most dominant teams. Went to Barca and 16 goals in La Liga is nothing to write home about

Again he dominated Ligue 1 and MLS :skip:

Benzema, Van Nistelrooy, Lewandowski and Henry all have more CL goals in less games than Zlatan

Breh has never scored in a WC and as soon as he retired Sweden reached the Quarter Finals
The only reason I boost Zlatan is dude traveled to three different leagues and won the league. That’s special, no matter how you slice it.

But if you want to take Benz over Zlats, I won’t stop you. :sas1::hubie:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Suarez game is so hideous with age

out of Suarez, Benz and Lewa, I'm taking the Polish. almost perfect modern day striker. And Like Benz, his game is improving with age, but he's a better goal scorer. He's scoring at his highest rate right now. :dahell: best balance of tekkers and athleticism for his age. and he most likely has a better shot ratio than the other two