Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
You need patience, you need to be in the mood, for Treme.

Too many of these new HBO shows have that kind of self-indulgent tone to them though. 10 minutes on a procession walking down the street and whatnot. I read that Luck was the same way.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You need patience, you need to be in the mood, for Treme.

Too many of these new HBO shows have that kind of self-indulgent tone to them though. 10 minutes on a procession walking down the street and whatnot. I read that Luck was the same way.
I didnt like Luck at all, it was too much insider shyt. Everything they said and did was on some, "you have to be around the track" shyt that I just couldnt get.

The visuals of the show were amazing tho.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Homeland is the best show on TV until the writing falls off.

Lolz.

No it's not.

Best show on TV is between Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire.

These are simple facts, friends.

Never watched Treme, heard it was rubbish/boring. Looked it tbh.

Actually, once Sherlock season 3 drops, it's in the running for best show on TV:whew:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hardly watch TV anymore..is breaking bad that good? I saw that thread comparing it to the wire and sopranos but I thought was just sohh/coli hyping up something that's just alright to classic status as usual. Is it worth getting into?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
breaking bad is good and i'll admit it's still in my mental cue to dive into. but from what i've seen, it's not comparable to homeland. not like worse or better, just on a different plane

as good as shows like that and mad men are, you can tell subtle differences between basic and premium cable shows. AMC seems it will always be |-| this far away from HBO and them

concise

Veteran
Daps
When I grow up, I want to dress just like Roberto Mancini. :ohlawd:
Such style. Such a great haircut, that which I do not know what exactly the black guy equivalent would be.

No Chris.B

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I can't put Boardwalk with the Breaking Bads and Homelands because I find Nucky Thompson to be mostly :snooze: for a main character. He ain't nearly interesting as a Walter White, Carrie Matheson, Don Draper, or even Sherlock. It's still a really good show though; I'd put it at the same level as Justified and Luther.

I love Treme but I get why people aren't into it. It's even more inaccessible than Community for entertainment. I like the music, I like seeing black actors and actresses excelling, and the girl who plays Annie is :ahh:.

Veep appeals to my deep cynical nature. And its funny as fukk.

Last edited by a moderator:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Sub the hair for a trilby.
trilby.jpg

:ohhh:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Right so. When Chelsea were shyt and Arsenal were good, Arsenal won.

When Chelea were good and Arsenal were shyt(well not shyt, soft/fraudulent), Chelsea won.

Drogba is barely relevant.

Cool stats br0.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
AMC seems it will always be |-| this far away from HBO and them

AMC ain't got the money that HBO has. They could never afford to keep low-rated shows like Treme on the air.

There's a lot of times I'm watching Boardwalk and I'm looking like :damn: at some of the sets they got. The pilot for that show alone cost 18 million dollars. :wow:

To compare, Lost, which was a 2 hour pilot, cost only 14 million.