Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
treme is good, but you gotta be in the mood. every year i start to watch it because i watched the year before. not a show to schedule around, but good to watch on demand.

boardwalk is excellent. i love that show. steve buscemi has always been one of my favorite actors, even his lame character on the sopranos was kinda cool.

BTD reminds me of my own life, just with a lot more money. i'm the jason schwartzman character, i guess :beli:. would much rather be ted danson's character

I watch Girls, not sure why except for the male characters :yeshrug:

i went to college with those girls. i think they went to oberlin, no? my school was like a cheap oberlin ripoff. its weird how i spent 4 years avoiding people like that, now i'm just kinda curious to see what they were actually doing when i was avoiding them.

Veep never makes me laugh, which doesn't make sense to me because i love JLD and a few of those actors on it. it just isn't funny. i dunno. i hate politics now. i like Boardwalk politics because there's guns and hookers involved. Veep reminds me of people my age that work on Capitol Hill, and i hate all of them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I hate politics which makes me like VEEP even more.

and they do a lot of scenes in the area which is cool

VEEP is a good show, but its kind of rapid fire so you miss some of the humor because things are happening so fast. It took me a lil while to get what the show was doing and it became a lot more enjoyable after. I feel like next season will be very good.

(I forgot to include Curb in their comedies, but i dont know when they will come back. I guess also the Gervais show as well. I think they cancelled Life's Too Short which I liked and we dont know whats going on with Eastbound).

If you went to any college on the east coast, you saw those girls. I could not stand them, in saying that I wish I fukked one of them.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i'm not mad i didn't fukk them at all. totally neutral towards it actually. and i love fukking girls i don't know very well

and i believe you that they had girls like that at UMD (i think you went there, right?). difference is at schools like oberlin, wesleyan, bates, et al, they dominate the social scene. they ARE the school. their male equivalents too. big time D-1 schools have a lot more variety, even if they are just as or more segregated

Eastbound is coming back far as i know. don't know how i know, don't feel like digging up a link, just go with it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
that makes sense, those chicks do have a heighten sense of their own worth while at UMD they were in the background a bit.

and yeah, College Park alumnus.

Eastbound is cool but the streets need Curb :noah:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
that makes sense, those chicks do have a heighten sense of their own worth while at UMD they were in the background a bit.

and yeah, College Park alumnus.

Eastbound is cool but the streets need Curb :noah:

exactly :shake:

don't think curb will go away for a while. it's on gold club status at HBO, it's been what, like, 10 years and still shinin? :ld: can come and go anytime he wants, they'll shape their schedule around whenever he feels like doing another season

seriously how hard can it be ffs, he just films his life when he turns off the censor and replaces his friends with friends who are actors

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
these two scenes are legendary IMO

esp. starting at 1:34

this one is actually pretty creepy until :30

:laff: i'm old south!

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
exactly :shake:

don't think curb will go away for a while. it's on gold club status at HBO, it's been what, like, 10 years and still shinin? :ld: can come and go anytime he wants, they'll shape their schedule around whenever he feels like doing another season

seriously how hard can it be ffs, he just films his life when he turns off the censor and replaces his friends with friends who are actors
the streets need it now :noah:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:dead: forgot about the pickup truck

after he saves stevie from his geisha job and they're riding on the back bed while stevie's wife drives..that one shot is :russ:

reminds me of

:merchant: maybe that's what they meant by it and i'm just slow

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:dead: forgot about the pickup truck

after he saves stevie from his geisha job and they're riding on the back bed while stevie's wife drives..that one shot is :russ:

reminds me of The Graduate - Bus Scene - YouTube

:merchant: maybe that's what they meant by it and i'm just slow
they meant it :russ:

and to bring it back to football, there really isnt a more despicable manager in the premiership than Tony Pulis.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Boardwalk is the best show on TV, imo.

never got into Treme tho

Bored to Death was very meh to me. HBO cancelled all those Friday night comedies and dont have any SitComs on the docket except VEEP and Girls (:scusthov:)
Homeland is the best show on TV until the writing falls off.

Veep I just can't fukk with at all.

Girls, as stated, the guys are all the best characters. Her ex boyfriend calling her dad a fakkit was quality tv. As was her main dudes intricate pedo sexual fantasy plot.

Treme, from the commercials I can't tell what the fukk the show is about, so I refuse to watch it.

Boardwalk is already a classic and I haven't even watched the second season yet.

As for the future, I think HBO cleaned house on anything that wasn't a huge hit because they have some pretty big projects lined up. Ben Stiller is doing a series that should start next year, they bought the rights to American Gods , The Dark Tower, they have Michael Chabon onboard to write a series, and they have some of the people from The Office lining a series up.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
im watching treme right now. there is absolutely no way to understand what's happening unless you've watched every episode. obviously a lot of cable shows do this, but they have some easily discernible frame of reference for a story line

this is david simon weeding out all those that watched his previous work for blaxploitation purposes