Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
gZ8EZG.gif
HqJEDN5.png

Phil Jones, the face that keeps on giving

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
How do you know, the Americans cannot have skills of elite countries, if they put more emphasis on tekkers first. That is such a defeatist mindset, you sure you ain't British with that outlook. Oh nah we cannot do a Cruyff turn, let's just continue to run hard, show determination and heart, all the while chasing shadows of 5'10 and below players, but because Team America PHUCK YEAH, are all 6+ and 175lbs can do the 40 in 4.2 and jump a 52 vertical, it's going to be alright.

America has been doing your way for decades and what for? To be beaten up by the smaller Mexicans who can ping it round them.

Tekkers over athleticism isnt just for football it is for all sports. Too much is made of how fast kids can run or how high they can jump and those physically imposing over the other kids are, because the other kids haven't physically matured yet. Athleticism can go just like that, whether it is a injury, not living right, being overloaded with games as a younger player. Having a team full of Theo Walcott's :scust: are you some sort of pervert.
Because they just can’t. This idea that a country is going to improve the skill of the players they produce on a consistent level is a myth. I’ll throw it back to you give me an example of it happening?

Also, Theo Walcott would be The best and most talented player in US history. So yeah, having a team full of Theo Walcotts would be a drastic improvement for US soccer.:wtf:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Ninjas think you can just practice your way into being Brazil or Holland:mjlol:

That shyt is in their blood just like basketball is in black Americans blood.

The US will have to find a different way. But let’s be honest it ain’t happening regardless.:yeshrug:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ninjas think you can just practice your way into being Brazil or Holland:mjlol:

That shyt is in their blood just like basketball is in black Americans blood.

The US will have to find a different way. But let’s be honest it ain’t happening regardless.:yeshrug:
Is it the sport that's in the blood, or athleticism+aptitude to be able to excel in any given sport?

Look at all the brehs of African descent excelling for club and country in Europe. That same talent pool exists in NA only difference being they are developed towards other sports ( eg basketball, football, etc).

I don't know how US soccer came to rely exclusively on athleticism when in every other sport there's an emphasis on technical skill as well. But given enough time, and change in culture/organization in NA, there will be a point where these kids will be tapped into at a young age to start developing their technical skill.

That time will coincide with the fall of the NFL and the emergence of a domestic soccer league to take its place :blessed:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Because they just can’t. This idea that a country is going to improve the skill of the players they produce on a consistent level is a myth. I’ll throw it back to you give me an example of it happening?

Also, Theo Walcott would be The best and most talented player in US history. So yeah, having a team full of Theo Walcotts would be a drastic improvement for US soccer.:wtf:

So about 20 years ago both Belgium and Germany, changed their coaching structures to be more technical based. To go back further France with Clairefontaine.

All these have been set up because of failure at international level.

Belgium struggling to qualify for tournaments back in the late 90's, early 00's. Decade later you have the Hazard, Witsel, KDB era

France not winning major tournaments, the idea of Clairefontaine was just a thought back in the 70's. It was only when they won Euro 84 that they decided to go ahead with a national academy. Decade after opening they won a World Cup.

Germany changed everything in their footballing culture to put an emphasis on youth players being able to represent Germany. After poor performances at the WC 98 and finishing bottom of their Euro 00 group.

Watching players like Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott, Gabby Agbonlahor, you sit there hoping, if we can get a counter attack with these players we killing any team. And then the reality sets in, these players struggle tekkers phucks up attacks and good opportunities, time and time again.:unimpressed:

You say you would be happy with Theo Walcott but ask Arsenal man about the inconsistency of his tekkers and how infuriating it gets seeing the same struggle, time and time again. :francis:

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
So Van Dijk wins the Balon D'or I guess?
I really thought Messi was about to be punished for the failures of Valverde and the backline