Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I’m trying to find a PL team to root for after Roma is out of it. Are any of the big ones that actually have a chance at winning not super racist?

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
You literally spent the entire summer posting about Liverpool. I shouldn't have to dredge all them posts up, should I? Or the incidents of angry City fans stampeding into press rooms during matches because they don't like journos saying nice things about Mo Salah.

Yes, the owner of my favorite club will invest profits in his other businesses, while the owners of Man City will continue to *checks notes* abuse migrant workers and jail/torture those who are accused of opposing the Qatari royal family.

And after getting bounced out of the CL by a club who also spent nothing during a summer transfer season, you should know better than anyone that simply throwing money at the problem won't get you to European finals.

Yawn.

Waiting for you to use the term "sportswashing" and all the other crap the biased media will say about City. When the football is flawless you have to find something I guess, so carry on.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I’m trying to find a PL team to root for after Roma is out of it. Are any of the big ones that actually have a chance at winning not super racist?

A Roma fan being concerned about supporting a racist club...

source.gif

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:patrice:Are just all soccer teams racist?

no

but a lot of european soccer teams' fan bases tend to be super tribal, and racism (along with other 'isms) come a part of that

it tough to find any sporting organization that don't have at least a few racist cacs, but if you're looking for a team to follow, you could maybe check for fc saint pauli in germany, celtic in scotland or livorno in italy as they (or rather their fans) all pride themselves on their liberal values

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Racism in football is on the rise in England. It has more to do with the state of western society than just sport.

Not sure about it being on the rise. It used to be much worse back in the day with the football hooligans. Nowadays it's become a nice family day out lol

I think social media is able to shed more light on things nowadays than say 10 years ago.

But I agree Western society has lurched to the Right

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Look at all these fans in here tryna convince each other their team is less racist than the others :hhh:

BUT

My friend, what team do you never see or hear in these arguments?

That right, Arsenal FC :ohlawd:

We are called black excellence for a reason :mjlit:
Lies. There isnt a single team in England without a considerable amount of racist fans. Iwobi and welbeck got alot of racist abuse last season alone from Arsenal fans.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Look at all these fans in here tryna convince each other their team is less racist than the others :hhh:

BUT

My friend, what team do you never see or hear in these arguments?

That right, Arsenal FC :ohlawd:

We are called black excellence for a reason :mjlit:
:whoa:

Just look at the reaction Arsenal fans had for Wilshere leaving last year versus Iwobi.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
A Roma fan being concerned about supporting a racist club...

source.gif

Not gonna argue with you about Roma fans not being racist or Italian fans as a whole, because I generally agree.

This just came out yesterday by Black Arrow, a lifestyle brand focused on the intersection of soccer and black culture. They went to Roma and did a small documentary.

Last edited: