Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not sure about it being on the rise. It used to be much worse back in the day with the football hooligans. Nowadays it's become a nice family day out lol

I think social media is able to shed more light on things nowadays than say 10 years ago.

But I agree Western society has lurched to the Right
I’m not comparing it to the 80s.

I’m comparing it to the last 15 years since Kick Racism Out of Football started.

Social media has shown a light on it, but it’s on the rise again.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Lies. There isnt a single team in England without a considerable amount of racist fans. Iwobi and welbeck got alot of racist abuse last season alone from Arsenal fans.

Yup. Every club has a racist element, unfortunately it comes with the territory given the racial tensions in the UK. Brexit, Windrush scandal etc. etc.

What's important is how the clubs respond. Chelsea is bad but they swiftly banned the guy who abused Sterling last season. United and their players have quickly responded to the abuse of Pogba. Some clubs only address the racism when it happens to one of their own, from fans of another team.

But I won't mention any names :mjgrin:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Yup. Every club has a racist element, unfortunately it comes with the territory given the racial tensions in the UK. Brexit, Windrush scandal etc. etc.

What's important is how the clubs respond. Chelsea is bad but they swiftly banned the guy who abused Sterling last season. United and their players have quickly responded to the abuse of Pogba. Some clubs only address the racism when it happens to one of their own, from fans of another team.

:dead:

Wouldn't be surprised if Pogba used this to get out of Manchester. They already went after his girl.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was about to go in on you, then I realized you're talking about Liverpool :hubie:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I’m not comparing it to the 80s.

I’m comparing it to the last 15 years since Kick Racism Out of Football started.

Social media has shown a light on it, but it’s on the rise again.
yeah that shyt is on the rise. social media has just shined a light and amplified their message of hate.

btw, the iwobi abuse last year was from some racist wannabe cac bollywood actress talking to her friends on whatsapp or something and one of them exposing her, let's not put that one on the english cacs.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
yeah that shyt is on the rise. social media has just shined a light and amplified their message of hate.

btw, the iwobi abuse last year was from some racist wannabe cac bollywood actress talking to her friends on whatsapp or something and one of them exposing her, let's not put that one on the english cacs.

Yeah the element never disappeared, it's just that everyone is on social media now and has some sort of audience. Seen racism from 13 year old fans to the 50 year olds who've had season tickets for decades. Idk the solution, but governing bodies need to come down harder on it. The paltry fines some teams get for racist incidents are ridiculous.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
My friend, what team do you never see or hear in these arguments?

That right, Arsenal FC :ohlawd:

We are called black excellence for a reason :mjlit:

source.gif

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:patrice:Are just all soccer teams racist?
Most fans are the European equivalents of Trump supporters. Degenerate cacs who have no qualms hurling racist abuse at players.

I started to follow the PL league, Chelsea in particular last year cause I really enjoyed Hazard's play in the World Cup. Come to find out that club has all manner of a racist history.

Then I started to follow Napoli after being introduced to their play style in the Champions League, and the gawd Koulibaly (most physically talented footballer I've seen). And he too suffered a disgusting display of racism. Man so humble too. That shyt hurt something awful :mjcry:.

But it's just part of the game at this point. Like most brehs you just gotta do your best to ignore the racist elements and focus on the beautiful part of the game.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Most fans are the European equivalents of Trump supporters. Degenerate cacs who have no qualms hurling racist abuse at players.

I started to follow the PL league, Chelsea in particular last year cause I really enjoyed Hazard's play in the World Cup. Come to find out that club has all manner of a racist history.

Then I started to follow Napoli after being introduced to their play style in the Champions League, and the gawd Koulibaly (most physically talented footballer I've seen). And he too suffered a disgusting display of racism. Man so humble too. That shyt hurt something awful :mjcry:.

But it's just part of the game at this point. Like most brehs you just gotta do your best to ignore the racist elements and focus on the beautiful part of the game.

Can't ignore it, just do what you can as a fan to eliminate that section of the fan base, by ostracizing them.

Worst thing you can do is make excuses for it, and point the finger elsewhere. Fans of some teams, (:mjgrin:) when you highlight the blatant racism their club displays, go into all sort of convuluted arguments to make others look racist.

Man's really tried to say Gabriel Jesus is racist :lolbron:
. Jokers I tell Ya.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

That's a gross generalization man, this would have been a bit more accurate if you had singled out ultras. But except for possibly a few exceptions, there is no European club where the majorities of fans are racists. Even the worst types of clubs like Milwall don't have 50%+ racists in their stands.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's a gross generalization man, this would have been a bit more accurate if you had singled out ultras. But except for possibly a few exceptions, there is no European club where the majorities of fans are racists. Even the worst types of clubs like Milwall don't have 50%+ racists in their stands.
You're right, that was a gross exaggeration on my part.
Hopefully, clubs/leagues start to come down harder on these racist fans so their numbers dwindle. The few that are vocal have much too loud a voice whether it be in the stands or on social media.