Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Add to that Ljungberg being promoted from U23 coach to Asst. 1st team to ease our younger player's transition from academy to 1st team.

It's probably still gonna have some ugly moments and I'm sure the pessimists who have more fun shytting on being an Arsenal fan will still have fun this season, but by all accounts, in players like Reiss Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Nketiah we have the makings of good squad players at worst, great 1st team players by age 21/22 at best, so if we need to take a 12-18 months to get them going I'm for it.

Of all the Kroenke/Wenger era "projects" (and by that I mean post Emirates Stadium), this project is the one that actually looks the clearest and you can actually see where the end-point will look like if it works out.

I don't want Emery having anything to do with their development. Dude is jobber with no vision, who will try to turn those players into work rate players.

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:whoa:

Still need a LB, CB, RB

I think they’ll probably close on the LB from Celtic. I’m skeptical that there will be funds for another CB (besides Saliba) that can play immediately. Idk what they’ll do for RB until Bellerin returns. I’ve seen Alves rumors but idk what’s true.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I think they’ll probably close on the LB from Celtic. I’m skeptical that there will be funds for another CB (besides Saliba) that can play immediately. Idk what they’ll do for RB until Bellerin returns. I’ve seen Alves rumors but idk what’s true.
Might be waiting for Holding to return from injury for CB but I agree they need another one.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Does the attack force of Ronaldo, Joao felix, Fernandes, Bernado silva have the potential to be the strongest portugal has ever seen?

Possibly :jbhmm:

2004 they had Figo, Rui Costa, Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes, Pauleta...though Figo and Rui Costa were declining by then

in 2000 they had Figo when he was the best player in the world, Rui Costa at the top of his powers, Gomes was on FIRE in Euro 2000

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Possibly :jbhmm:

2004 they had Figo, Rui Costa, Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes, Pauleta...though Figo and Rui Costa were declining by then

in 2000 they had Figo when he was the best player in the world, Rui Costa at the top of his powers, Gomes was on FIRE in Euro 2000
thats a good point. I am still shocked that greece pullled it off against portugal in the final.