Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Defense will be much improved with team getting younger and athletic especially if we add Tierney with Holding and Bellerin returning soon. There's also talk of promoting Medley from the academy. Just need to thrash Mikhi, Xhaka, Elneny and Mustafi now.

Yeah, like some teams (United especially) - the players we sell and let go are almost equally as important as who we bring in.

I wouldn't mind a youth based squad where the 1st 11 has the experience but instead of players like Elneny, Welbeck etc. coming off the bench, it's players like Reiss Nelson, Saka, Martinelli, Guendouzi & Joe Willock etc.

A lot of our academy are starters for their U21/U23 national teams and we have to let them start balling and we're not about to win the league for a few years so lets not waste our youth like Chelsea do

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
Yeah, like some teams (United especially) - the players we sell and let go are almost equally as important as who we bring in.

I wouldn't mind a youth based squad where the 1st 11 has the experience but instead of players like Elneny, Welbeck etc. coming off the bench, it's players like Reiss Nelson, Saka, Martinelli, Guendouzi & Joe Willock etc.

A lot of our academy are starters for their U21/U23 national teams and we have to let them start balling and we're not about to win the league for a few years so lets not waste our youth like Chelsea do

I've heard the word "project" thrown around by Raul and Emery. I think what you outlined is exactly what they mean. It's now up Emery to find the right balance.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I've heard the word "project" thrown around by Raul and Emery. I think what you outlined is exactly what they mean. It's now up Emery to find the right balance.

Add to that Ljungberg being promoted from U23 coach to Asst. 1st team to ease our younger player's transition from academy to 1st team.

It's probably still gonna have some ugly moments and I'm sure the pessimists who have more fun shytting on being an Arsenal fan will still have fun this season, but by all accounts, in players like Reiss Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Nketiah we have the makings of good squad players at worst, great 1st team players by age 21/22 at best, so if we need to take a 12-18 months to get them going I'm for it.

Of all the Kroenke/Wenger era "projects" (and by that I mean post Emirates Stadium), this project is the one that actually looks the clearest and you can actually see where the end-point will look like if it works out.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
You’re acting like money is an object to them. They could very well play Hazard in a more center role, or even Neymar as he’s done at PSG recently.
No club has 600m to spend in one window
They’ve already spent over 300m, selling bench warmers isn’t gonna make up for what they’ve spent
And why the hell would you pay over 100m for a player only to play him out of his natural position?
Neymar and Hazard our pretty much the same player, except Hazard is a better teammate and isnt injury prone
They should pay 200m for a slightly better version of a player they just signed:dahell:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Arsenal winning bidding wars? Over Napoli and Liverpool? I'll believe it when I see him holding up the jersey.