Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It’s the best we will be able to do here on out. We did the same with Bellerin and now we’re stuck.

Italy and Germany are the only markets he attracts interest from and they rarely spend.

There's another month to go till the window closes. And you've actually signed some players early for a change as well. Rome :skip: wasnt built in a day. Once European qualifications is sorted for number of teams the market will pick up.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There's another month to go till the window closes. And you've actually signed some players early for a change as well. Rome :skip: wasnt built in a day. Once European qualifications is sorted for number of teams the market will pick up.

So you’re saying top four ? :obama:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
We all know Pep is the LeBron of football.

At least Bron has that Cleveland 'chip though:patrice:

I can't think of one trophy Pep has ever won without having it completely handed to him by having a better team. It's very fraudulent I must admit.:lupe:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
If we actually extend Xhaka's contract and don't bring in an upgrade in midfield, I don't see how anyone could argue how we could finish higher than 8th. That would indicate that we're probably done with business in the transfer market as "efficiency" is being cited as the reason to keep him.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
If we actually extend Xhaka's contract and don't bring in an upgrade in midfield, I don't see how anyone could argue how we could finish higher than 8th. That would indicate that we're probably done with business in the transfer market as "efficiency" is being cited as the reason to keep him.

Of course you can finish higher than 8th. You have no Europe you have more chance to work on the training ground which is what happened in the 2nd half of the season when you had what the 2nd/3rd best record of 2021.

You Arsenal fans are so phucking miserable. Chelsea extend everyone's contract especially those who they send out in loan season in season out and will never be seen playing for Chelsea ever again its good business. There was even talk of extending Guendouzi contract and the player was reportedly happy to do so to make a comprise so he could get him a permanent move away.

Yes Xhaka needs to move on but he still has value as a player. He ain't Phil Jones ffs.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
We all know Pep is the LeBron of football.

At least Bron has that Cleveland 'chip though:patrice:

I can't think of one trophy Pep has ever won without having it completely handed to him by having a better team. It's very fraudulent I must admit.:lupe:

Peps first season is his Cleveland title.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Of course you can finish higher than 8th. You have no Europe you have more chance to work on the training ground which is what happened in the 2nd half of the season when you had what the 2nd/3rd best record of 2021.

You Arsenal fans are so phucking miserable. Chelsea extend everyone's contract especially those who they send out in loan season in season out and will never be seen playing for Chelsea ever again its good business. There was even talk of extending Guendouzi contract and the player was reportedly happy to do so to make a comprise so he could get him a permanent move away.

On paper, our squad is genuinely the 7th/8th best squad in the league. You could argue that WHU had a purple patch last season and won't replicate their form from last season but our squad is still not as good as the rest of the teams that finished above us.

Arteta will have more time to work on tactics but he can't legislate for the inconsistent finishing that we displayed last season. Also, our biggest tactical issue was chances created so I don't know how that's going to improve because we were playing his system from Jan onwards. His man management also left a lot to be desired and since the squad hasn't improved, I can't see how that's going to get better either.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Peps first season is his Cleveland title.
I dunno man.

Listen, i love and respect Pep Guardiola, if i met the man i would shake his hand and tell him it's an honour.

But i'm starting to get the feeling that he's a complete and utter bald fraud with not one legitimate trophy win.

And it really pains me to say it.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
On paper, our squad is genuinely the 7th/8th best squad in the league. You could argue that WHU had a purple patch last season and won't replicate their form from last season but our squad is still not as good as the rest of the teams that finished above us.

Arteta will have more time to work on tactics but he can't legislate for the inconsistent finishing that we displayed last season. Also, our biggest tactical issue was chances created so I don't know how that's going to improve because we were playing his system from Jan onwards. His man management also left a lot to be desired and since the squad hasn't improved, I can't see how that's going to get better either.

We were off top 4 by 6 points. This after doing nothing for 2 months. If we get an attacking midfielder and injuries aren't too bad, it should be close.

Yes Xhaka needs to move on but he still has value as a player. He ain't Phil Jones ffs.

It's more so we keep trying to do the same things we know don't work. I'm cool with Guendouzi, Saliba, Eddie, getting new deals but they tried to extend Mustafi when there was no market for him. We didn't sell players we knew weren't great fits for Arteta's style and now we can't move them (Bellerin, Ainsley, possibly Willock in the future). Ozil's contract was a burden and then we signed Willian.

It's a young executive/management team and they have had to deal with a lot but they do a lot of frustrating things.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
We were off top 4 by 6 points. This after doing nothing for 2 months. If we get an attacking midfielder and injuries aren't too bad, it should be close.

Our points total (and how far we finished off 4th) last season is a red herring because everyone except Citeh underperformed. Liverpool will be healthy this season, Chelsea will have a full season of Tuchel, Utd genuinely have a title contending squad, Leicester have strengthened their squad & Spurs will strengthen if they get that Kane money.

I'm happy we've signed a good CB in White (still think we massively overpaid) but we're still in need of a CAM, a CDM and a RB. If we get those players in, my tone will change but as it currently stands, we've signed 2 backups and a CB. That's not gonna be enough to significantly improve.