Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
We were off top 4 by 6 points. This after doing nothing for 2 months. If we get an attacking midfielder and injuries aren't too bad, it should be close.

Our points total (and how far we finished off 4th) last season is a red herring because everyone except Citeh underperformed. Liverpool will be healthy this season, Chelsea will have a full season of Tuchel, Utd genuinely have a title contending squad, Leicester have strengthened their squad & Spurs will strengthen if they get that Kane money.

I'm happy we've signed a good CB in White (still think we massively overpaid) but we're still in need of a CAM, a CDM and a RB. If we get those players in, my tone will change but as it currently stands, we've signed 2 backups and a CB. That's not gonna be enough to significantly improve.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
On paper, our squad is genuinely the 7th/8th best squad in the league. You could argue that WHU had a purple patch last season and won't replicate their form from last season but our squad is still not as good as the rest of the teams that finished above us.

Arteta will have more time to work on tactics but he can't legislate for the inconsistent finishing that we displayed last season. Also, our biggest tactical issue was chances created so I don't know how that's going to improve because we were playing his system from Jan onwards. His man management also left a lot to be desired and since the squad hasn't improved, I can't see how that's going to get better either.

And Leicester won the league with a squad on paper that was made up of career Football League journeymen and 2 unknown players from French football.

Your squad as is has advantage over teams 5-7th. Only 5 of your squad played in Summer Tournaments (Not including Martinelli as the Olympics coincides with pre season fixtures. Arsenal have played the same amount of games as Brazil have over the past week) Your squad is going to be fresher your older players well rested. Players and squads who had a large representation in Summer football often struggle the following season. No Europe no travel No playing Thursday/Sunday or Monday/Thursday fixtures in a week. What better foundations to start the rebuild with your rivals knocking their bollocks while Thursday is Netflix and chill.

You played Arteta system from Jan and you had the 2/3 best record in that time. I believe it's called a work in progress going in the right direction. Especially after that run from October to Xmas you was on. The fact that he didn't lose the squad from that dodgy period tells me his man management isn't as bad as its made out to be.

Where did Carlo Mr Man Management Ancelotti finish again last season? Moyes isnt really known for his man management. Peps people skills isn't the best either. But let me guess that's different. Arry Redknapp the so called Man Management coaching on vibes type of guy. He wouldn't even speak to players who were injured.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
We were off top 4 by 6 points. This after doing nothing for 2 months. If we get an attacking midfielder and injuries aren't too bad, it should be close.

It's more so we keep trying to do the same things we know don't work. I'm cool with Guendouzi, Saliba, Eddie, getting new deals but they tried to extend Mustafi when there was no market for him. We didn't sell players we knew weren't great fits for Arteta's style and now we can't move them (Bellerin, Ainsley, possibly Willock in the future). Ozil's contract was a burden and then we signed Willian.

It's a young executive/management team and they have had to deal with a lot but they do a lot of frustrating things.

You kept on repeating the same mistakes under Wenger and Ivan and never learned. Which in the long run caused Arsenal to end up in this mess the first place. A decade of bad decisions isn't going to be turned around overnight it will take time even more so with a young management. Not too long mind you but the situation could be far worse like in Celtics Newcastle or Derbys cases.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Listen, i love and respect Pep Guardiola,

he's a complete and utter bald fraud with not one legitimate trophy win.

45dcd2b3994cf7d4f188035c782921c3.gif

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
We all know Pep is the LeBron of football.

At least Bron has that Cleveland 'chip though:patrice:

I can't think of one trophy Pep has ever won without having it completely handed to him by having a better team. It's very fraudulent I must admit.:lupe:

Are you African by any chance? You seem to think there’s pleasure in suffering and struggling.. :lolbron:

used to also hate on privileged kids till I got my very first taste of nepotism :wow:

But i'm starting to get the feeling that he's a complete and utter bald fraud with not one legitimate trophy win.

Coli nikkas say shyt just to say shyt I swear. Will you say Del Bosques Euros and WC 3 peat was also handed to him?