Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Who'll be better over the next 5 seasons?

Varane
White
Kounde
Zouma (I think he was pretty good last season, surprised Chelsea is willing to let him go so easily)

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah, what's up? You got somebody that wants to buy Pedro? :feedme:
:hubie:

But for real. Thoughts on Fonseca? Playing style, interaction with players, fans, etc. I realized he was let go but just wondering what you think of the job he did/

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:hubie:

But for real. Thoughts on Fonseca? Playing style, interaction with players, fans, etc. I realized he was let go but just wondering what you think of the job he did/
I think Fonseca is a very good manager but he found himself in a bad situation at Roma.

Implementing his style of play in Serie A was going to be hard to do anyway, remember those Champions League Shakthar teams that had great passing, width and fullbacks pushing up, but with Roma's financial situation, injuries and ownership changes he was never going to have time to settle.

He clashed with Dezko and stripped him of captaincy but overall players liked him, I remember Smalling and Pellegrini in interviews being very positive about him even after he was let go.

One thing fans disliked about him was that he had a terrible record against big teams in Serie A, but that's hard to blame him for because Roma just wasn't on their level talent wise.

Second con against him was his inability to adjust tactically in game, doesn't matter if it's against Inter or Benevento once other team switched up and took over the match you just have to hope to survive last 20 minutes.

But I think he will be a great manager if he lands at a right club, objectively he did the best he could with Roma.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Who'll be better over the next 5 seasons?

Varane
White
Kounde
Zouma (I think he was pretty good last season, surprised Chelsea is willing to let him go so easily)

Zouma can't pass and is often targeted by the opposition. He struggles to pass through the lines and makes mistakes when pressed.

He's a decent defender just not the right fit for what this manager wants. :manny: