The Official Film Room Screenplay Feedback Thread

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
my favorite part of writing is cutting words to make it "look" better. not so much the re-writing process, but just getting rid of shyt that doesn't need to be there. i find that fun

I find a lot of great comedic writers feel like you do...think it's because of the already short amount of space you already have in a comedy pilot (half hour show) so you trim all the "fat" from the script.

Whereas with dramas or screenplays, you really want the audience to delve into that world...guess it's just a balance

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I find a lot of great comedic writers feel like you do...think it's because of the already short amount of space you already have in a comedy pilot (half hour show) so you trim all the "fat" from the script.

Whereas with dramas or screenplays, you really want the audience to delve into that world...guess it's just a balance
yeah. i tend to flock more towards just writing funny characters and situations, not really having to rely too much on world building or visuals. ... i mean, i do want some of that in there, but i haven't written many things that required indepth descriptions really... except when i tried to write my version of hell

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I definitely feel you.

I think one of the great things about @Drew Wonder script, The Garden is it's world building. I feel like one of the signs of a great Sci-Fi is it's ability to both show us something we can relate to while simultaneously bringing us to a world we could only picture in our wildest imaginations. Which is not the easiest thing to do. (It doesn't have to all be done through description but it can also be through dialogue/exposition as well.)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I definitely feel you.

I think one of the great things about @Drew Wonder script, The Garden is it's world building. I feel like one of the signs of a great Sci-Fi is it's ability to both show us something we can relate to while simultaneously bringing us to a world we could only picture in our wildest imaginations. Which is not the easiest thing to do. (It doesn't have to all be done through description but it can also be through dialogue/exposition as well.)

Appreciate it bruh. Yeah I'm trying to create a balance where I can really paint a picture for the reader but at the same time not be so descriptive that it makes it a difficult read. That's the hardest part of the revision process for me

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Appreciate it bruh. Yeah I'm trying to create a balance where I can really paint a picture for the reader but at the same time not be so descriptive that it makes it a difficult read. That's the hardest part of the revision process for me

What stays and what gets left on the cutting room floor is always super tough for me...necessary but gut wrenching when I feel it's quality work

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Upping this again. This one week thing ain’t gonna work lol, I’ll still send the next two scripts to everyone and share my thoughts on them.