The Official Film Room Screenplay Feedback Thread

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
:pacspit: @ you nikkas forgetting to tag me even though I don't write screenplays

Daps
Dopeness what kind of genre do you normally write?

I'm everywhere with my genres, which is probably my issue. I'm working on a call center comedy now (something akin to the British TV show "Peep Show" in terms of dry humor) but I'm also storyboarding ideas for Anime show idea and a science-fiction-y/superhero show. Should I stick to one genre and master it or float between a few and see which ones work the best? I'm rather new, so any advice/criticism is good advice/criticism to me.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I'm everywhere with my genres, which is probably my issue. I'm working on a call center comedy now (something akin to the British TV show "Peep Show" in terms of dry humor) but I'm also storyboarding ideas for Anime show idea and a science-fiction-y/superhero show. Should I stick to one genre and master it or float between a few and see which ones work the best? I'm rather new, so any advice/criticism is good advice/criticism to me.

"They" suggest you stay in one genre so you can show your expertise in a field and that way prospective studios can know your voice, but to be honest a lot of creative's don't really think like that. Now there may one genre you gravitate toward naturally but you never know what will pop so you cant limit your options too early

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All right, I'ma start it off. Here's my Avatar spin off. It's only 10 pages, obviously not done. If you never watched Avatar/Korra, they're animation shows that focus on the 4 elements of water, air, fire, and earth. Each element has its own tribe where they can learn bending, which means they manipulate these elements in different ways. Only the Avatar can learn all 4.

EDIT: How come the link doesn't embed on here? I remember it used to do it.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All right, I'ma start it off. Here's my Avatar spin off. It's only 10 pages, obviously not done. If you never watched Avatar/Korra, they're animation shows that focus on the 4 elements of water, air, fire, and earth. Each element has its own tribe where they can learn bending, which means they manipulate these elements in different ways. Only the Avatar can learn all 4.

EDIT: How come the link doesn't embed on here? I remember it used to do it.

:whoa: Hold up bruh, you're up during week 2 and we start Sunday.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I copyrighted it and also registered it with the WGA. You think I should get it watermarked too though?
I normally do whenever I'm sending it to a producer/actor,etc (Watermark either their name on it or mine) but that might just be more of a habit thing as when I started out I would get it sent that way