WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
In the UK here breh, no one cares about the It's called soccer jibe. It is literally just jokes. Did you see it in some other context that caused you this consternation?
Well I'm American and want to see the team perform better. So... difference of perspective here

Daps
The Netherlands vs USA was echt een strijd van stijlen... Dutch style Kickboxing vs American style Kickboxing/Full Contact Karate.

Nou, de Nederlanders brengen enkele van de beste kickboksers ter wereld voort. Ik veronderstel dat het een onvermijdelijke conclusie was.

Wacht even, waarom schrijf ik in het Nederlands!? :troll:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You quoted me twice on this? :mjlol:

It’s literally just jokes. It’s just leaning in to the fact that we’re made fun of for being the only nation that calls it soccer. This joke has NOTHING to do with the success of USMNT. We could win the next 6 world cups and we’d still be the only nation calling it soccer with the rest of the world making fun of us for it.

Laugh or don’t laugh, but dissecting the chant is a complete waste of energy. I promise you we don’t care that much about who calls it what. :heh:
Same shyt with the "i believe that we will win" chant in 2014.

Rinse and repeat, not much to see here.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
4 years is a long time man….I know we say making the knockout is good experience but we have no idea who actually will be on the squad in 2026

is there any reason the US wouldn’t accept an invite to the Copa?

Daps
The problem with USMNT is managerial tactics, not that the squad is just a bunch of athletes.

Funny enough, if we had Southgate, his conservative approach would get us a lot farther in a competition like this one. It's mind-boggling that a team with the attacking talent that England has is so tentative.

And they left strikers at home that the USMNT would kill to have, too. Imagine USMNT with a striker as clinical as Ivan Toney. :wow:

No excuse for Southgate to not push the pedal against most of his opponents.

Other reason I wish USMNT had Southgate is maybe we'd actually be threatening on a set piece every once in awhile. Damn, Berhalter is trash tactically.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem with USMNT is managerial tactics, not that the squad is just a bunch of athletes.

Funny enough, if we had Southgate, his conservative approach would get us a lot farther in a competition like this one. It's mind-boggling that a team with the attacking talent that England has is so tentative.

And they left strikers at home that the USMNT would kill to have, too. Imagine USMNT with a striker as clinical as Ivan Toney. :wow:

No excuse for Southgate to not push the pedal against most of his opponents.

Other reason I wish USMNT had Southgate is maybe we'd actually be threatening on a set piece every once in awhile. Damn, Berhalter is trash tactically.
US would have finished top of the group and won this match if they had Toney.

I would bet on it.

In fact, Toney would bet on it as well!!

:mjlol: