• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'm watching the coverage on FOX, and I am taking it in like they're all depressed and shytting on the team. I mean, I get that it sucks that the US lost but these mufukkas didn't qualify in 2018 and played well enough to get out of group stage this time around. They were the 2nd youngest team in the tournament. They also didn't embarrass themselves. Yeah, that game was winnable but you gotta dwell on the disappointment? :francis:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CONCACAF is ass, though. US is going to continue to be a sleeping giant because of USSF. Canada ain't shyt and will be back to finishing below Belize as soon as Davies retires from international play. Mexico is cooked because they have zero athletes on deck for their national team and FMF is a bigger joke than the USSF, the place is a fraud footballing country of the highest order.

Costa Rica punching above it's weight is great, but I look at the AFC and CAF and realize that CONCACAF is total trash
Davies aint retiring any time soon, Tajon has next, and David will get better. Eustaquio playing regular CL football. Gonna humble y’all next time we play again :ufdup:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm watching the coverage on FOX, and I am taking it in like they're all depressed and shytting on the team. I mean, I get that it sucks that the US lost but these mufukkas didn't qualify in 2018 and played well enough to get out of group stage this time around. They were the 2nd youngest team in the tournament. They also didn't embarrass themselves. Yeah, that game was winnable but you gotta dwell on the disappointment? :francis:
Its the US, what do u expect?

If Trump tweeted how Blacks are ruining our country with crimes( :mjpls: ) while there is a story about how a black community is giving charity to ALL who are less fortunate, which one do you think is going to gain attraction?

good news is no news in America.

Lurking Class Hero

Medicine for loneliness
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't a terrible tournament for USA. They did get out of the group stages and more than held their own against a talented England team. I will say though, those who think the Americans will be better next tournament simply because they have a young team may be in for a rude awakening. 4 years is a really long time in football, players you've never heard of will emerge as stars and players you think are stars will fall off, even if they're still young (that's word to Lukaku, Ali, Janujaz and countless others). Ghana reached the quarter finals with a young squad in 2010 and then did nothing in the next tournament and didn't qualify for the one after. We don't really know if America is making major strides yet.

Daps
I understand it's just jokes but the coverage all tourney was they want to be taken seriously.

U start chanting some arrogant stuff like that ur just motivating the other team that much more every game

Also they didn't qualify for last world cup while entering every interview saying they weren't worried about qualifying they had it in the bag.

I just think a bit of humility would go a long way for this team. There's some good talent there but without the right culture, what are they doing?

You quoted me twice on this? :mjlol:

It’s literally just jokes. It’s just leaning in to the fact that we’re made fun of for being the only nation that calls it soccer. This joke has NOTHING to do with the success of USMNT. We could win the next 6 world cups and we’d still be the only nation calling it soccer with the rest of the world making fun of us for it.

Laugh or don’t laugh, but dissecting the chant is a complete waste of energy. I promise you we don’t care that much about who calls it what. :heh:

Daps
Davies aint retiring any time soon, Tajon has next, and David will get better. Eustaquio playing regular CL football. Gonna humble y’all next time we play again :ufdup:
Stick to hockey, Canada brehs. Love your country (at least the West Coast), but unless global warming causes a bunch of Africans and South Americans to immigrate to Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat, y'all ain't gonna be shyt again before too much longer.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't a terrible tournament for USA. They did get out of the group stages and more than held their own against a talented England team. I will say though, those who think the Americans will be better next tournament simply because they have a young team may be in for a rude awakening. 4 years is a really long time in football, players you've never heard of will emerge as stars and players you think are stars will fall off, even if they're still young (that's word to Lukaku, Ali, Janujaz and countless others). Ghana reached the quarter finals with a young squad in 2010 and then did nothing in the next tournament and didn't qualify for the one after. We don't really know if America is making major strides yet.
Truth. Man six months is a long time in football

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Also do whatever it takes to get into Copa America. Need to play against high level squads. Never going to build out level playing against Concacaf.

1000%. Wish Nigeria would try for the 24 one as a guest but CAF moved afcon 23 to 24 :francis:

…nah experiencing the pressure that came with this is good .

Totally agree with this. Good experience to play in a WC, get out the group and play a KO match. Next step is to win 2 KO matches and get to the QFs in 26.

He prefers managing club football, too. Can't be our only option.

There are thoughtful young tactical managers in MLS, but you can only get so far tactically coaching here. We need to send managers to Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, the English Championship.

For Int'l ball, I think coaching is just half of it. There's less time with players so having a philosophy or standard pattern of play as the fabric of how the NT team plays is more important. You have a system and fill the players into it.

We know the Spanish will want to play a possession-based style. The Dutch have the 4-3-3 or the 3ATB with the WBs under LVG.

I think someone said it here, but they should hire someone like Pep or Klopp as a consultant to implement a specific philosophy of play with the US.

Netherlands gave US that work.

Their chemistry is insane.

The dutch core have been together for a while and have all come from similar dutch clubs (PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord) so they understand how to play the "dutch way". Having a system of play is far more important for international football.

When Jozy was in the Eredivise that was best I have ever seen him play club and country. Then he foolishly went to the EPL
Time and time again, game time is crucial for development.

Yeah, that game was winnable but you gotta dwell on the disappointment?
Breh, the defending on those 3 goals was elementary. All three goals were crosses from the WBs. 2 goals were WB to WB. There was no adjustment form the D

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
You quoted me twice on this? :mjlol:

It’s literally just jokes. It’s just leaning in to the fact that we’re made fun of for being the only nation that calls it soccer. This joke has NOTHING to do with the success of USMNT. We could win the next 6 world cups and we’d still be the only nation calling it soccer with the rest of the world making fun of us for it.

Laugh or don’t laugh, but dissecting the chant is a complete waste of energy. I promise you we don’t care that much about who calls it what. :heh:
Well u gave me some little cute remark and I wanted to share my perspective. It's not the chant, the chant represents a larger cultural problem in US soccer as a whole. I guess yall are cool with the clown shyt :manny: have a great day.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well u gave me some little cute remark and I wanted to share my perspective. It's not the chant, the chant represents a larger cultural problem in US soccer as a whole. I guess yall are cool with the clown shyt :manny: have a great day
In the UK here breh, no one cares about the It's called soccer jibe. It is literally just jokes. Did you see it in some other context that caused you this consternation?

concise

Veteran
Daps

Yea, cuz they gonna start boosting up the women's team which is more representative of how they want the men's team to look. :mjpls: