Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Group got blown wide open :whoo:

The WC group stages have been pretty evenly matched which is great . We'll be going into the final round of games with things still to play for

Spain might send Germany home extra early

Spain can't send Germany home anymore. Japan and Costa Rica both have just 3 points each, Japan is even on goal count and Germany is -1. Even if Spain wins this one, Germany just has to turn around and have their margin over Costa Rica + Spain's margin over Japan combine as 2 more than whatever Germany loses by today. Seems quite plausible unless Germany loses by 4-5.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:camby:

Breh racists already have enough power, they don't need you to run in with a cape when they get called out.

It's 2022, any sports talking head who shyts on multiple entire people groups over and over while saying, "It's just their culture" every time is going to get called out.

But he wasn’t going at “entire groups of people”, he meant it in a footballing context i.e “this football team has a culture of xyz”

Not only that, but barley anyone gets called out for stereotyping football teams. My examples proved it.

My only issue with what Klinnsman said, which, was clearly in a footballing context, was that he made the behaviour seem unique to Iran. Every team will rough up star players a bit to see how far they can go and let them know things won't be easy.

Look at how Serbia played Brazil, no one said it was a part of Serbia's culture to play that way, and Neymar left with a swollen ankle from the hits.

Jurgen inadvertently let his bias slip out with the statement he made, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it racism.

It was purely in a footballing context, yet people seem to think he was going at the entire people of Iran. :skip:

I’m saying dude came in flying off the top rope to save Jurgen

The same a$$hole who used to dive blatantly

Culture is a dog whistle when discussing Iran he just seemed unnecessarily hostile in that video

How about Wales was horrible and deserved to lose

Also throwing in the Guatemalan ref and mentioning his nationality was purposeful

Surely it takes a cheater to know a cheater?:jbhmm:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I don't remember a world cup where the groups were this close heading to the final game.

But of course the European fakkits are gonna downplay the excitement of this world cup because they host nation doesn't adhere to their fakkit views :wow:
Breh that ship has sailed its a non story now and has been after the opening day lol