• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
There are loads of Muslim players in Europe breh.

I know there are (Dembele, Benzema, Fekir, Pogba etc), but it’s different when you’re born in the EU as a muslim vs as an outsider.

Net net the KSA players get paid very well and have less of an incentive to leave home.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I like how y'all pretending USA isn't one of the most dangerous.
:sas2:
Watch Tuesday

What, a 1-1 draw with Iran? :pachaha:

Long thread from Quieroz in response to Klinnsmann.

:skip:

• African teams constantly get tarred with the just pace and power brush - no one cares
  • East Asian teams get tarred with the tactically well drilled brush - no one bats an eyelid
  • Latino teams are stereotyped as soft, cheating divers - shrug of shoulders
  • The French are derided as tempestuous prima donnas - it’s whatever
Iranians get called wily and shrewd, and all hell breaks loose.

:mjlol:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
A lot better from the Ticos, though Campbell needs to do more when he gets the ball, he's too passive. As long as the Ticos continue to defend like that it'll force Japan to attack which could be countered, regardless good 1st half from the Ticos:obama:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
  • African teams constantly get tarred with the just pace and power brush - no one cares
  • East Asian teams get tarred with the tactically well drilled brush - no one bats an eyelid

:camby:

Breh racists already have enough power, they don't need you to run in with a cape when they get called out.

It's 2022, any sports talking head who shyts on multiple entire people groups over and over while saying, "It's just their culture" every time is going to get called out.

concise

Veteran
Daps
:huhldup:

Second set of group games almost done and concacaf teams still look like they have no threats at all.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man...horrible, horrible half.

I need to drink something strong....

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What, a 1-1 draw with Iran? :pachaha:

My only issue with what Klinnsman said, which, was clearly in a footballing context, was that he made the behaviour seem unique to Iran. Every team will rough up star players a bit to see how far they can go and let them know things won't be easy.

Look at how Serbia played Brazil, no one said it was a part of Serbia's culture to play that way, and Neymar left with a swollen ankle from the hits.

Jurgen inadvertently let his bias slip out with the statement he made, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it racism.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:camby:

Breh racists already have enough power, they don't need you to run in with a cape when they get called out.

It's 2022, any sports talking head who shyts on multiple entire people groups over and over while saying, "It's just their culture" every time is going to get called out.
I’m saying dude came in flying off the top rope to save Jurgen

The same a$$hole who used to dive blatantly

Culture is a dog whistle when discussing Iran he just seemed unnecessarily hostile in that video

How about Wales was horrible and deserved to lose

Also throwing in the Guatemalan ref and mentioning his nationality was purposeful

concise

Veteran
Daps
You have to be kidding me, they get a goal off of such careless defending. :palm:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Don't know why they took so long to put Minamino in in the 1st place. CR looked awful all day. smh