The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
I’m firmly of the belief the success he’s had in spite of him not because of him. This England team ain’t elite, but it has the type of players to play attacking, fluid, dynamic football.
I half agree with your statement. I agree that this current England squad isn't elite (The 1996 Euro squad and the 1990 & 2002 World Cup squad were better, IMO) but the managers before Southgate were a lot worse.

England against Italy final prime example. Had the momentum and most managers would have kept their foot on the opponents neck. Italy didn’t even have to try hard to get back in the game. Southgate just let them take over the game and the equaliser was always going to come. England under another manager could have ran out 2-0 or 3-0
I think the problem with Southgate is that he thinks way too defensively and doesn't want to make the 'Go Big or Go Home' calls when the time comes. However, I don't think any previous managers between Sir Alf Ramsey and Southgate would've got England to a Euro Final... Perhaps Terry Venables and maybe Bobby Robson.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Southgate fanboy but I have to give credit where it's due.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

I didn't know Robbie was out in Qatar, he even has the $500 shades on
h5eyQFe.png

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
This is the worse I have ever seen England play. Totally embarrassing.

Still....US couldn't score against the shyttiest England performance I have ever seen.

At this stage I don't know who should be more embarrassed.
ahh the team with the most talent should be embarrassed. That would be England

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
England will face France or Spain and surprise a lot of you, this performance was off, but this isn't England's level.
England does tend to play down to their opponents level when they don't need to win like today. But they also fold when they face high level opponents and the pressure is on like the choke job against Italians.

So England needs perfect conditions to win which is why they always end up going home empty handed.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
My puters have been furiously putin' and it's actually really difficult for England to go out. Wales have to thrash England by 6 clear goals for us not to make it through in at least second no matter what happens in Iran/USA.

Gareths right to be pleased with a draw after a performance like that.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
This is the worse I have ever seen England play. Totally embarrassing.

Still....US couldn't score against the shyttiest England performance I have ever seen.

At this stage I don't know who should be more embarrassed.

They ain't got a verse better than our worst one, word to Kweli.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
England are not winning anything, please. They going out in the next round regardless of the opponent:yeshrug: