The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I can't believe I'm saying this but America deserved to win that. Hope y'all don't regret those missed chances.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
England lost its mojo

It’s more of tactics & team selection.

Team wasn’t balanced from the get-go & the Iran wasn’t a good test since Iranians lack pace in the midfield & Bellingham was able to bully them & pull all the right strings. He couldn’t do that today with US’ high pressing & pressure in the midfield with 3 pacy midfielders.

Southgate would either have to go back to the boring tactics at the Euros with 2 holding midfielders to cover the shytty back line or replace Trippier with TAA & Mount with Foden for more creativity.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
The fact that Maguire was by far and away the best English player on the pitch and the only one that seemed genuinely comfortable from start to finish says it all. The US midfield had stretches were they dominated. If we ever get a legit striker... we might actually be a problem :wow:

Not stretches - they bossed the midfield all game.

Southgate sold - he’s a FRAUD!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Um, y'all were supposed to dominate us. On paper, England is a much better team than the USA. A draw is a great result for the USA :gucci:
True. But I have been the first to say England played total shyt. If you can't capitalise on that and win, you aren't going to beat Iran.

Sorry. The way England played they should have lost 3-0

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gotta give it to Gregg, he had the boys up for this game and the defense was great.

Everyone talks about a striker but I rather have a 10 in this team. We struggle to get our forwards/wingers 1 v 1 with the keeper and we don't really make the other teams keeper work that much.
We have Reyna and Aaronson but Egg head refuses to play a 4-2-3-1 even though Weston and Musah would be perfect as deep midfielders. :francis:

Against better teams the 4-3-3 is legit at destroying any ability for the other team to build through the midfield, I give him that .

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
England getting booed:dead::dead::dead:

Thought y'all was gonna blow us out:sas1:

Great display and heart shown out there. Take care of business with Iran on Tuesday.

*plays to 0-0 score*
*gets point*

USA Soccer and Fans like
giphy.gif

Last edited: