WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Belgium and Netherlands had major labour shortages during post WW2 economic booms and recruited labour from Morocco and Turkey among other places to fill the gap. So called “guest workers” mainly men.

Vast majority settled and brought over their families. Descendants are now three generations deep. You see this when you see guys like Ziyech and Amrabat don’t speak any Arabic/Darja (Moroccan Arabic dialect). They still have strong ties to mother country and obviously very proud of them.

Apparently Gullit also said the KVNB should not be training players for other countries

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
be down a goal and wait till 1 min left in stoppage time to bring in grealish for some creativity in the middle brehs

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
What's the beef between Argentine and Nigeria ?
We always play them in the WC and they always beat us..played em like 4 or 5 times in the 6 times we been to the WC.

They beat us in U-20 WC, but we beat em in the 96 Olympics. We just play them alot

18 WC was painful cause we had the chance to dump em out the group (same group with Croatia) if we drew this game but lost in the last 4 mins off this :mjcry:

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Can someone explain why so heavy on the Dutch and Belgian side? Not like there were colonial ties iirc

There were treaties between Belgium and Morocco (and Turkey) to bring in workers in the 70s. Kind of similar to Germany with Turkey I think. Classic migration story : came to work, settled, had children and relatives coming over from the home country. I guess it's the same in the Netherlands Fast forward 4 decades and you got a sizable local community. I'm pretty sure Algerians are big only in France, in all other euro countries there are more Moroccans I think (Spain and Italy too). I know Brussels is rocking at each win (I'm going there next week actually, should be interesting).

Edit : hadn't seen that someone else had already answered

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I'm at work right now so I didn't watch the match. You mean to tell me England couldn't beat that shytty French midfield? I swear teams better not let France win this world cup. Maxence Caqueret hasn't even been introduced to the team yet. Ones he Is, it's a wrap for other teams:dead:
:unimpressed:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Basically we were one Harry Kane having his defining moment as an England failure, away from winning this tournament.

Damn shame because I like Harry but that’s an all time L that is going down in English football folklore. :wow:
nah

hate to say it but yall had to rely on two penalties in the first place and never really had a great chance outside of the Maguire header
France deserved to take it even if they werent stellar

Last edited: