⚽ The Official Euro 2024 Thread | 🇪🇦 reyes de Europa thanks to 2 🇨🇵 players | 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 lose a Euro final for the 2nd time in a row :wow:

Who you got ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, he can't run back the same tactics as last game. Honestly he should drop Trent but then media will complain. But if he wants to run Foden like that then drop him as well

Media won't complain if trent and tripper are dropped tbh

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Cesc has been in Jude's position before, being the young player totally commanding the ball as the youngest player on the pitch.
He ain't tryna hear none of that BS.
16-17 years old, surrounded by guys like Henry and senior stars, dominating the midfield against Vieira and Juventus in the CL. “Give me the ball! I’m here, I’m pulling strings, I’m winning it back”

I don’t want to put all the blame of Foden. He definitely underperformed, but Southgate clearly doesn’t know how to get the best out of his players. I’m shocked he’s been England’s boss for so long. I don’t even get why he was ever appointed, dude was never a top manager from when I’ve seen him

Last edited:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Dmamni thought Ukraine would get a result, didn't think Romania were good like that

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
my point is, DD left so many trophies on the table for Mbappe and France to win because of his stubbornness to only bring runners in midfield and now other nations like England and Portugal have caught up in talent. so it's going to be more difficult to win than the last 8 years(where theyve only won once)
I really don't get your reasoning tbh. Better indiviuals don't necessarly produce better results.

Euro final lost to Portugal who barely existed apart from that Eder shot and 1 WC final lost in pens. That's 3 finals in 4 major tourneys lol.

I know you hate Deschamps but that's irrational at this point:pachaha:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

images

:salute: young man

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I don't recall any moment where Cesc was that guy for Spain.
Cesc was a key part of the WC and Euro winning teams don’t do that. I mean, that team was chock full of talent and he came off the bench a lot, but he was not some passenger

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I really don't get your reasoning tbh. Better indiviuals don't necessarly produce better results.

Euro final lost to Portugal who barely existed apart from that Eder shot and 1 WC final lost in pens. That's 3 finals in 4 major tourneys lol.

I know you hate Deschamps but that's irrational at this point:pachaha:
better individuals give you a higher chance of winning

especially if you don't have an attacking system like Deschamp

look at Carlo. doesn't teach attacking stsyem but chooses the best balanced starting 11.

if he was actually coaching how to do offensive patterns or triangle passes or anything that shows build up play, I can understand

what i don't get is, he brings all these runners in midfield, and yet the team doesn't press :wtf:

so if he's not teaching any attacking system or even pressing, why not bring the most balance squad?

he brought the same profile of midfielders....again

i'm hating because this dude missed the mark to make this french side one of the most legendary side. you could say he's accomplished alot, but because of his approach to the game, they've left trophies on the table. the only one i can give him a pass for is the euro 16 because they were just getting their foot wet

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
16-17 years old, surrounded by guys like Henry and senior stars, dominating the midfield against Vieira and Juventus in the CL. “Give me the ball! I’m here, I’m pulling strings, I’m winning it back”

I don’t want to put all the blame of Foden. He definitely underperformed, but Southgate clearly doesn’t know how to get the best out of his players. I’m shocked he’s been England’s boss for so long. I don’t even get why he was ever appointed, dude was never a top manager from when I’ve seen him

He's still boss because the players like him. Vibes man. And from a players POV semi's final and quarters and he's not a in your face terrorist that ticks boxes for international footballers.

He was appointed because there was no one else after Big Scam scammed himself. That's the thing Waistcoat is a manager not a coach. Steve Holland is the one who is the coach/tactician. And at international level its more about getting the group as one. As we've seen with the Dutch and French throughout the years you can have the players and tactics but the harmony of the squad can easily be broken.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Trent isn't loved like that. Talking heads are going with the horses for courses depending on the opposition

Yeah but the day before the game Carragher was using his airtime to talk about how Trent should play because no one can strike a ball better(I wonder how Trippier feels hearing that).

I'm just mad Doughty wasn't even in the conversation to join the squad. I don't think any other full back created more chances from the left side than him.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Cesc was a key part of the WC and Euro winning teams don’t do that. I mean, that team was chock full of talent and he came off the bench a lot, but he was not some passenger
Not saying Cesc was a passenger but he was not a key part sorry. He was either coming of the bench in 2010 or the first to be subbed off in 2012 come on. Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi or Piqué didn't get this treatment.