⚽ The Official Euro 2024 Thread | 🇪🇦 reyes de Europa thanks to 2 🇨🇵 players | 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 lose a Euro final for the 2nd time in a row :wow:

Who you got ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

James put on the performance of his life at the Copa América just to get out of São Paulo :heh:

Some poor European club is definitely about to get finessed.

Top tier clubs don't want him. And no one can really afford his wages from the EL places downwards elsewhere outside of the PL.

Maybe Como might take him as a statement signing.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whatever the coach the inevitable will not change England are never winning an international tournament, they stink have and most likely will continue to. A nation suffering from delusions.

Every tournament, could, should, would have... Lmao, a bunch of losers with no self respect akin to a fat, unattractive bytch with better then thou attitude.

And who are these Balon d'or players England produces?
Take every foreign coach and foreign player out of the English domestic league and that league will turn into the Ukrainian league overnight.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
needs to build the team around Palmer as he is a serious talent and can perform on the international stage unlike a lot of the others
Thats the problem there, the game has moved on from the 10 being the one, its all about the 6 now and was the difference in the final. Every team thats won a tournament has had a 6 that can play on the turn and pass forward. We have those players, but they're all attackers.
Potter was in over his head at Chelsea. He might harm himself if given the England job. I see him succumbing to the pressure of playing the stars.
Chelsea is a basket case where every manager succumbs and gets sacked and I think having seen what transpired at the Euros, Potter will go the other way and drop the stars and pick the best team possible.

Barnes is right, culturally English football doesn't value such a player. Its gonna take a lot for that to change even with all we know.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
And who are these Balon d'or players England produces?

Breddah football is simple to understand.

England just lost to Italy and Spain in two finals. A poor italian team at that.

It is not about England not producing world class players, it is about English players missing certain types of mentality/skills.

Add to that a national character that gets in the way of winning.

Netherlands has similar issues. Portugal too (despite their win - albeit without ronny on the field). Spain used to have similar mental issues.

Look at the penalty records of these teams - England included.

I haven't got time to wrote paragraphs here but as a start consider:

Factor 1 Player Skill A: Mix

Can you be a world class plater without certain skills? mostly Yes.

Can you be a world class team without certain skills? mostly No.

England produces players who are world class especially in areas such as physicality, stamina, striking a ball, speed, passing (when given time), quick reactions defending i..e. gerard, scholes, gazza, rooney, hoddle, beardsley, lineker, shearer etc. Players who could have played at any club in the world.

England does not produce players who have secure fast close passing, good in tight spaces, press resistant, metronome types, magistra types, dlp types i.e players with a good mix of these - pirlo, xavi, iniesta. modric, sammer.

So while English players of type A (i.e. lampard, gerrard, kane) can be the best players in the best teams teams alongside type B, a team of type just A players will not function as well together as a type B or A+B player team.

NOTE: these problems manifest themselves mainly in the control-room of MF.

Factor 2 Mentality A: Class system

English football class background of players and outsider status (especially historically).

Factor 2 Mentality A: science

Focus on organic not scientific approach to football management.

I could go on ..

:hubie:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Breddah football is simple to understand.

England just lost to Italy and Spain in two finals. A poor italian team at that.

It is not about England not producing world class players, it is about English players missing certain types of mentality/skills.

Netherlands has similar issues. Portugal too (despite their win - albeit without ronny on the field). Spain used to have similar mental issues.

Look at the penalty records of these teams - England included.

I haven't got time to wrote paragraphs here but as a start consider:

Factor 1 Player Skill A: Mix

Can you be a world class plater without certain skills? mostly Yes.

Can you be a world class team without certain skills? mostly No.

England produces players who are world class especially in areas such as physicality, stamina, striking a ball, speed, passing (when given time), quick reactions defending i..e. gerard, scholes, gazza, rooney, hoddle, beardsley, lineker, shearer etc. Players who could have played at any club in the world.

England does not produce players who have secure fast close passing, good in tight spaces, press resistant, metronome types, magistra types, dlp types i.e players with a good mix of these - pirlo, xavi, iniesta. modric, sammer.

So while English players of type A (i.e. lampard, gerrard, kane) can be the best players in the best teams teams alongside type B, a team of type just A players will not function as well together as a type B or A+B player team.

NOTE: these problems manifest themselves mainly in the control-room of MF.

Factor 2 Mentality A: Class system

English football class background of players and outsider status (especially historically).

Factor 2 Mentality A: science

Focus on organic not scientific approach to football management.

I could go on ..

:hubie:
:wow:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps

Problem found in other sports to, British athletes are technically good but lack skill and finesse. Any attempts to deviate is frowned upon

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I’d actually push back on the assessment that England doesn’t produce players who can be a metronome, are press resistant, are registas. They exist…Micheal Carrick was a wonderful player first off my head. The problem is these players aren’t usually highlighted in teams domestically and in the national side. Teams don’t use their skillsets like they do on the continent. So they fall into obscurity or play how their Brexit coach wants them to get in a side

It’s all coaching and tactics. Why would they play and train a way that no one ever wanted them to coming up? Only relatively recent with foreign managers are those type of players in England beginning to be highlighted

Last edited: