⚽ The Official Euro 2024 Thread | 🇪🇦 reyes de Europa thanks to 2 🇨🇵 players | 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 lose a Euro final for the 2nd time in a row :wow:

Who you got ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm slowly coming around to Howe as a coach. I liked him but had concerns about defending because Bournemouth were awful at it. I know it's Bournemouth but you can still get them to defend better. Newcastle's defence was well drilled obviously the extra European games and the injuries hurt them the season just gone. But the 18 months prior he drastically improved the defensive unit. He's probably the only one who could play a high paced English style that could blitz teams with the PnP.

Potter obviously his style is what majority of people have been asking for and he's tactical flexible. The only concern is his teams create chances but the finishing is terrible. Surely that should improve with better players? Which is the problem that England have creating chances.

The reason why I want Carsley is that from what I've seen with the u21's they play much better football than what the senior team does and has even lesser time to work with them than Waistcoat does. Has done a lot of work within the England youth teams so he knows all the players that are going to be part of the England team for the next decade. Let him build a team for 2028 Euros because let's keep it reality England aren't doing anything in Canusico World Cup because they aren't use to that kind of heat. Q/F is probably the best they can hope for.

Kane in that heat

20240625-204928.jpg
Sweden did one of their best ever wc campaigns in 94' and got bronze

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Is DD really a terrorist though ? :jbhmm:

Depends who you ask. Cantona @Premeditated and the French Far Right will say yes for different reasons. :hubie:

Waistcoat loves using other teams using pragmatic football going far in tournaments reasoning for why he does it. France have been the most consistent over the past decade in tournaments he definitely talking about France when he's saying other teams.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sweden did one of their best ever wc campaigns in 94' and got bronze

A) That was 30 years ago. Half of the Swedish squad still played in Sweden where the league ran from January to October/November back then. Also the world has gotten hotter since then. B) You don't think playing in the most physically demanding league on world football doesn't take its toll on the players. C) English players aren't use to playing in hot conditions.

The weather in London/UK yesterday is like a normal spring Florida morning.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ADP

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Depends who you ask. Cantona @Premeditated and the French Far Right will say yes for different reasons. :hubie:

Waistcoat loves using other teams using pragmatic football going far in tournaments reasoning for why he does it. France have been the most consistent over the past decade in tournaments he definitely talking about France when he's saying other teams.
Yeah Deschamps as a pragmatic is fine by me. I feel the current discourse about him is amplified by the fact we have zero finishing these days. Almost 6 xG for 2 goals scored from a pen and one OG is tragic.

According to Opta, out of all 24 teams, we are second in terms of xG. We're just massively underperforming.

However I would definitely call DD a terrorist if we had 2.5 xG after 3 matches 👀

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Yeah Deschamps as a pragmatic is fine by me. I feel the current discourse about him is amplified by the fact we have zero finishing these days. Almost 6 xG for 2 goals scored from a pen and one OG is tragic.

According to Opta, out of all 24 teams, we are second in terms of xG. We're just massively underperforming.

However I would definitely call DD a terrorist if we had 2.5 xG after 3 matches 👀
at least he isn't on his :mjpls: shyt like Laurent Blanc

and if it wasn't for injuries France under DD would have been back-to-back World Cup champs

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

At least with Griezmann you have a player who drifts and link the midfield and attack in the pockets along with Giroud a #9 who knew his job to occupy the CB's and be a wall for 1-2's. Harold wants to be 8-9-10 with runners and it makes the team predictable and you're basically relying on transition situations for that to work. The teams goalscorer is to far away from the action because he cannot keep up with the play and ends up doing a midfielders run. What most fans want is England to kill teams off after taking the lead and that's by going for the throat and getting a second and third. Waistcoat has them retreating and as we've seen under him vs Colombia Croatia Italy put England under pressure because they didn't keep their foots on their necks when the game was there for the taking before the momentum swing. Waistcoat best performance is probably vs France in Qatar as they were more on the front foot as they had to chase the game.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
le meh
that Beligium vs France clash is going to be hilariously shyt :laff:

so many mediocre big sides in this tournament, wow

Only Spain and Portugal's starting 11 look good these games out of the big foootball nations

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The two best sides meeting in the QFs Spain vs Germany :francis:

England playing horrendously yet getting a cake bracket :ehh:

Might be shaping for Italy to make the final :leon:

Austria vs Turkey probably going to be full of fukkery

Belgium vs France looks good on paper but will probably be :russell:

Netherlands another team playing horrendously yet gets a favorable draw.

Might be due for a smaller nation to win this thing looking at you Switzerland or Austria

Now that the Group Stage is over how do we rate this tourney so far?

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Alexi getting roasted

Lalas yelling his thoughts during the coverage has stood out, and not in a good way.

Sturridge represents the new-era feel of soccer coverage that is more akin to that of CBS Sports. He suffered through Lalas’ analysis of England. While Lalas may have been making fair points about a dreadful England side, the nature of turning everything into a metaphor or callback to something in media is drawn out. American fans do not need to be coddled to make soccer relatable. They want a critical analysis of the sport where possible.

But when it comes to Fox’s coverage of Euro 2024and Copa America, there seems to be a toxicity around Lalas’ mere presence on set that isn’t seen elsewhere in sports television. As if it is actively harming the product and the enjoyment of soccer fans instead of a mere nuisance or just something to complain about on social media.
Dude needs to get out the paint badly, not to mention he on that MAGA tip

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Alexi getting roasted

Lalas yelling his thoughts during the coverage has stood out, and not in a good way.

Sturridge represents the new-era feel of soccer coverage that is more akin to that of CBS Sports. He suffered through Lalas’ analysis of England. While Lalas may have been making fair points about a dreadful England side, the nature of turning everything into a metaphor or callback to something in media is drawn out. American fans do not need to be coddled to make soccer relatable. They want a critical analysis of the sport where possible.

But when it comes to Fox’s coverage of Euro 2024and Copa America, there seems to be a toxicity around Lalas’ mere presence on set that isn’t seen elsewhere in sports television. As if it is actively harming the product and the enjoyment of soccer fans instead of a mere nuisance or just something to complain about on social media.
FOX needs to take cue from CBS's CL or Serie A coverage desperately.

Hell all you have to do is look at Clint and Edu's personality on both networks to know there is an issue.